British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2019

2 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Not a bad signing that 

A lot better than his average suggests and rides Mildenhall well.Happy with that 

Jason Edwards signs on 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

Jason Edwards signs on 

Good move for Jason. 2019 is his exam year so Sundays for home meetings makes sense

4 minutes ago, orchardlane said:

Development potential? mmmmm

How many riders could you say that about if that's your theory ? How many riders were involved in the league that aren't going to progress into something More? 

Edwards is a fine signing IMHO, bright, talented, personable and level-headed. Such a mature approach in a youngster. Not a wild throttle-jockey but someone who goes about his business, constantly learns and quietly stacks up the points. I see him having a long and satisfying career. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Good move for Jason. 2019 is his exam year so Sundays for home meetings makes sense

It's easy to overlook how young these lads are.

Edited by teaboy279

1 hour ago, Fourentee said:

Edwards is a fine signing IMHO, bright, talented, personable and level-headed. Such a mature approach in a youngster. Not a wild throttle-jockey but someone who goes about his business, constantly learns and quietly stacks up the points. I see him having a long and satisfying career. 

Look after him for us, he's a lovely lad and as you say such a natural on a bike, nailed on 2 pointer for Eastie in 2020.

Edited by gazzac

38 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Look after him for us, he's a lovely lad and as you say such a natural on a bike, nailed on 2 pointer for Eastie next season.

Eastbourne every chance, I'm sure you're right there. Great kid and I'll even trek over to West Row now and then in 2019 to watch him.

Charlie Brooks signs on

Sam Bebee completes the top 5 

Quality signing in brooks the way he won that heat 4 at mildenhall in the final was incredible. Not so keen on the bebee signing however as I do not feel he has much more in progression. Should hold a 4 point average st number 2 

6 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Quality signing in brooks the way he won that heat 4 at mildenhall in the final was incredible. Not so keen on the bebee signing however as I do not feel he has much more in progression. Should hold a 4 point average st number 2 

Bit harsh on Sam with regards to progression.Last year was basically his 1st season after his horrific injuries.Started the season at number 2 and still upped his average whilst in that position.Beat Roynon around Plymouth and got a few scalps around Mildenhall. A rider on the up I'd say 

Don’t get me wrong, I admire his guts to return after his injury. And I’m not saying he didn’t improve but I do not feel he will get any better now. If he proves me wrong I’ll eat my cap. Just when you look at the two riders and one of them holds a bronze fim world medal and the other doesn’t score his average in the final it shows which one has the potential...