British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2019

Think I saw Sam beat a heat leader at every meeting I saw him in this season, baring Eastbourne away in the play offs when he was clearly still not 100 percent fit.

• Like 1

I still feel Sam is a little too reckless for my personal liking but his bravery brings points. Id be far more excited about the signing of Brooks, closer to home, excellent assistance and mega potential. Still think he would suit a bigger track better but maybe that is why he should be at smaller circuits to develop.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:01 AM, orchardlane said:

potential? mmmmm

44 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I still feel Sam is a little too reckless for my personal liking but his bravery brings points. Id be far more excited about the signing of Brooks, closer to home, excellent assistance and mega potential. Still think he would suit a bigger track better but maybe that is why he should be at smaller circuits to develop.

Mildenhall, although small, does ride like a bigger track – so I'm told [ not from personal experience, you understand!]

On 12/9/2018 at 8:10 PM, Richard Weston said:

Great start but the NDL has been rebooted (not that I agree) and Danny should not be part of the league's brave new world.

So based on your statement, I presume you would also not allow Ellis Perks, Max Clegg, Ben Wilson, Danny Halsey, David Wallinger etc etc. or is it just Ayres you have made you mind up on

I think the league deserves some notable riders to make it interesting for spectators, I suppose cos Easties gone up your'e not bothered about NL no more

Eastbourne's not in our league anymore and you are still trying to wind us up!  

3 hours ago, AntiqueSteve said:

So based on your statement, I presume you would also not allow Ellis Perks, Max Clegg, Ben Wilson, Danny Halsey, David Wallinger etc etc. or is it just Ayres you have made you mind up on

I think the league deserves some notable riders to make it interesting for spectators, I suppose cos Easties gone up your'e not bothered about NL no more

Elliot Kelly (15 in Jan) is 1 on the teams reserves 

Macaulay Leek completes the team 

8 hours ago, AntiqueSteve said:

It is an age thing, plus development potential.

I would say Perks and Clegg are young enough and have shown they can operate at a higher level. Danny Halsey, I would group with Ayres.  Don’t know ages of Wilson/Wallinger so can’t comment.

It is the BSPA which wants the younger riders with potential in the NDL, hoping others would move up.

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Any details on Elliot Kelly?

Young Redcar Cubs rider last couple of years, just moved onto the 500s but already looks pretty quick on them, might take a few months to really settle into the NL pressure, but he has heaps of potential imo... Nice, level headed lad too so I'm told, mature and thinks with his head, not his over reactive throttle, seen him at a couple amateur meetings and against the Gems as a 125 rider and saw him once as a 500 rider and was surprised how far he'd come in such a short time, he's the rider who needs no pressure on him though to start with to let him settle in, hope the other 6 a ready to take a bit more to help him out...

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

It is an age thing, plus development potential.

I would say Perks and Clegg are young enough and have shown they can operate at a higher level. Danny Halsey, I would group with Ayres.  Don’t know ages of Wilson/Wallinger so can’t comment.

It is the BSPA which wants the younger riders with potential in the NDL, hoping others would move up.

Whats age got to do with it ? Try telling Drew Kemp he's too young to ride up a league !

Speedways got averages for a reason ...it grades riders, simple as

At the end of the day the NL need a few experienced riders for the fans and the league as a whole to prosper

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Whats age got to do with it ? Try telling Drew Kemp he's too young to ride up a league !

Speedways got averages for a reason ...it grades riders, simple as

At the end of the day the NL need a few experienced riders for the fans and the league as a whole to prosper

Age has everything to do with it.

The league is called National Development League - like it loath it.

I think it should be Division 3 but then I don't make the rules [thank god, some will say].

Drew Kemp is a red herring in this discussion. 

He was too young when he was 14 to ride in the NDL and he was too young to ride in the Championship when he was 15.

Leek is an odd one, had a couple of years at NL now and still not upped his 3.00 average despite having a home track advantage BUT i certainly cannot fault his effort due to the pure amount of travelling every week. Closer to home may suit him but still feel he has quite a way to go in approach and setup but maybe a change will do him good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Age has everything to do with it.

The league is called National Development League - like it loath it.

I think it should be Division 3 but then I don't make the rules [thank god, some will say].

Drew Kemp is a red herring in this discussion. 

He was too young when he was 14 to ride in the NDL and he was too young to ride in the Championship when he was 15.

Like it or loath, call it what you like, if you don't get a decent crowd through the gate you won't make it pay...thus you need a few quality riders to draw in the crowds and to help the younger riders along

What about Armo and Atkin ?...i could mention a few Eastie had,  a lot of people argued Brad W-Dean and Adam Ellis were too good..didn't hear you moaning then ?