British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2019

On 4/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, Bunce said:

Me too. I'll be testing them this Sunday, lets hope they are up to their usual Michelin Star standard!

Can anyone confirm that this Sundays challenge is going ahead ???

Can't find any info on the website and SS shows it as provisional still 

I believe the Poultec team is.

Tom Brennan

Sheldon Davies

Alex Spooner

Kean Dicken

Anders Rowe

Jamie Bursill

Jacob Clouting

Not speedway racing . . .  but disappointed with cold fish and even colder chips on Sunday at West Row.

What are they playing at?

18 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Not speedway racing . . .  but disappointed with cold fish and even colder chips on Sunday at West Row.

What are they playing at?

Didn't have any issues with mine the week before 

2 hours ago, adz_mft said:

Didn't have any issues with mine the week before 

Will give them one more chance when I next go, but truthfully they were utterly dreadful. Never had a problem before. Hopefully, just a one-off

My fish n chips were fine..as was some of the racing,,on a smoother track than I have seen on other occasions.Very enjoyable afternoons racing....

On 5/2/2019 at 6:32 PM, Richard Weston said:

Will give them one more chance when I next go, but truthfully they were utterly dreadful. Never had a problem before. Hopefully, just a one-off

I believe that the usual guy has left and bought the takeaway shop near to the stadium....

10 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

I believe that the usual guy has left and bought the takeaway shop near to the stadium....

What a killer. Always the highlight of any trip to Mildenhall. I used to starve myself to make room for it!

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 12:19 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

There is the explanation. My fish and chips were a total waste of money...only suitable for the seagulls.

Wallinger & Leek out and Atkins & Butcher in. We all told you about Wallinger but Leek can feel unlucky seeing as he’s averaging 4.93 with BP in all comps. Atkins is a very good rider but a reserve duo of Kelly & Butcher puts a lot of pressure on Kelly to continue his nice start in his debut season imo.  

• Like 1

Wallinger and Leek both have increased their averages from last season so to sack them appears harsh. Wallinger was just starting to show improvement as his confidence returns after continual ' knocks'  and Leek formed a good partnership with novice Kelly who needs to be protected at this early stage of his career. Now he has had his first ' injury ' he doesn't need extra pressure on him as he learns his trade.

whilst I understand Leek may be out for a few weeks it appears the decision to sack them both is another example of ' success ' being put before ' development league'. 

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Wallinger & Leek out and Atkins & Butcher in. We all told you about Wallinger but Leek can feel unlucky seeing as he’s averaging 4.93 with BP in all comps. Atkins is a very good rider but a reserve duo of Kelly & Butcher puts a lot of pressure on Kelly to continue his nice start in his debut season imo.  

I thought Wallinger & the team manager came as a double act?  Atkins needs the extra rides to be on even keel with other Premier reserves, watch out for the old man Mike - nothing he doesn't know about speedway! 

• Haha 1

MR.Pipe?

The only thing that's changed since he took over is that he has a new coat with his name and title on to go with his previous ones.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight