British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2019

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

MR.Pipe?

The only thing that's changed since he took over is that he has a new coat with his name and title on to go with his previous ones.

Be fair.   He did introduce the farce of a NL KO Cup draw.   On a plastic christmas tablecloth on his kitchen table, with bits of scrap paper from a cardboard box which came out in almost the same order as they went in.    We know that was his idea, because the BSPA/SCB were very quick to distance themselves from blame for it.

And he's got a new coat with his name on.....

But hey, he's got the showpiece NL Fours coming up soon.   8 teams in the league, so the 2 groups of 4 are easy without needing any decision to leave any team out.   

Sheffield and Redcar are racing the same day,   So will the 4s get priority over Drew Kemp and Jack Smith?  Other than those two, can he get each team to track their top four?  Or will we get teams leaving top riders out and devaluing the competition with 2 point reserves?  

3 weeks to go, but no publicity yet....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Be fair.   He did introduce the farce of a NL KO Cup draw.   On a plastic christmas tablecloth on his kitchen table, with bits of scrap paper from a cardboard box which came out in almost the same order as they went in.    We know that was his idea, because the BSPA/SCB were very quick to distance themselves from blame for it.

And he's got a new coat with his name on.....

But hey, he's got the showpiece NL Fours coming up soon.   8 teams in the league, so the 2 groups of 4 are easy without needing any decision to leave any team out.   

Sheffield and Redcar are racing the same day,   So will the 4s get priority over Drew Kemp and Jack Smith?  Other than those two, can he get each team to track their top four?  Or will we get teams leaving top riders out and devaluing the competition with 2 point reserves?  

3 weeks to go, but no publicity yet....

The Fours do not have priority but Pipe is publicising it on Facebook. 

1 minute ago, Islander15 said:

The Fours do not have priority but Pipe is publicising it on Facebook. 

Is he?

I don't do Facebook.  To be honest I didn't even know the BSPA had an official Facebook page.  Why haven't they duplicated the publicity onto the BSPA website?

For those without facebook, what info has he publicised?  Do we know the two groups or any team line-ups?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Is he?

I don't do Facebook.  To be honest I didn't even know the BSPA had an official Facebook page.  Why haven't they duplicated the publicity onto the BSPA website?

For those without facebook, what info has he publicised?  Do we know the two groups or any team line-ups?

I didn’t read much tbh but I know he’s trying to make it a 12 heat final rather than the previous 8 heats. And (by NL standards at least) that it’s actually going ahead as planned!

Edited by Islander15

This event has a history of biting the dust. I'll reserve judgement until nearer the time!

An understandable move in order to maintain interest levels at Mildenhall!

Wallinger was at Mildenhall as a 2nd heat leader to put pressure on Danny Ayres at number 1. While Wallinger was a steady scorer at home albeit not out and out heatleader form, his away form was poor and made Mildenhall weak. Due to Leek increasing his average he has become the unlucky sacrificial lamb in order to fit in Atkins.

That said a reserve duo of Butcher and Kelly looks vulnerable especially away from home so Atkins will certainly have to score double figures every match in order for the team changes to have the desired effect.

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Best Wishes to Sam Norris and a very speedy recovery.  

Yes very best wishes - is this the 250cc lad who has a few laps before/during/after Mildenhall meetings. If so, looked very tidy?

Get well, young man.

Best wishes to Sam and his parents. His dad was riding grass track when I was riding, so really feel for the family. Fingers crossed all will be good!