British Speedway Forum
Doners123

Plymouth 2019

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Was looking at coming down on good Friday but gonna be about 150 quid on the train. And 18 hour rnd trip.

Good Friday, it will be more than 18hrs by car! 

30 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Good Friday, it will be more than 18hrs by car! 

Gonna try chat dad into driving down early morning and spending the day down there. Journey home should be ok heading this way... I hope.

• Like 1

I’ve just seen on Facebook and now in the Speedway Star about Stewart Kellie stepping down as co-promoter as he can’t commit to Friday nights. He’s only been there for a season or so and I thought I had read he was doing a good job generating new blood. Anyway good luck to the bloke and it opens the door for Matt Bates to pick up the roll.

And in other Devon news, Speedway Star are also reporting a fall out between Alan Spencer and Robert Doran about the MSDL team which will see the Exeter name dropped in favour of Plymouth Cobras.

Lots going on way out west.

Just found this ...for Plymouth fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

can anyone tell me if there is a new Plymouth Gladiators metal Badge for this season. There is nothing on their website.

Down in Devon. Hoping to go tonight to see the Thompson Twins debut but weather looking very dodgy for later.

Plymouth's website very underwhelming with mixed messages about Gladiators & Devils and no mention of tonight's meeting.

Apologies if I'm missing something but not very impressive or informative.

Perfectly dry and bright weather all day here. Forecast was for good weather. I don't know where this 'adverse' weather is.

On 4/23/2019 at 7:43 PM, rocket007 said:

can anyone tell me if there is a new Plymouth Gladiators metal Badge for this season. There is nothing on their website.

My mate went down there on good friday and was told none are being made this season.

I realise it is possible that it could be raining 15 miles away in Plymouth but it's been dry here all day. In fact very warm and sunny and still no rain at 10:30pm.

This morning the BBC forecast a band of rain coming in about 6pm. It hasn't happened.

Very difficult for all concerned when the forecasts cannot be relied upon.

Dissapointed to not have been able to add Plymouth to our list of tracks visited.

Difficult decision for the promoters with several different forecasts for the evening. Being so far "out on a limb" and running on a Friday night with all the visitors who use the road down I can totally understand the reasons for an early "call off". Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. The season just hasn't got going but we've still managed three fairly bad injuries. Using R?R isn't going to cut it, we did that for long periods last year. It brings a lot of disappointment to the supporters.

Now we hear that Nathan Stoneman has signed for Birmingham as well and that they will have first call on him, at least 3 meetings with a clash. No blame on him, he's been our most exciting rider in both the one home and the away meetings and he has to earn a living but that the rules allow it is not great for the supporters who pay their money at the gate. The control board is killing speedway with the rules they bring in. I love my speedway, I love the track at Plymouth, dust and all, some of the racing is fantastic. I watch the GP's on BT Sport and sometimes give up because it's just a procession even at that level, also the top league fixtures they show at the tail end of the season, boring, I don't know any of the answers. I do know some new blood needs to come into the control board though with some new ideas before it's too late.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:40 PM, oleoleole said:

I realise it is possible that it could be raining 15 miles away in Plymouth but it's been dry here all day. In fact very warm and sunny and still no rain at 10:30pm.

This morning the BBC forecast a band of rain coming in about 6pm. It hasn't happened.

Very difficult for all concerned when the forecasts cannot be relied upon.

Dissapointed to not have been able to add Plymouth to our list of tracks visited.

I was about half an hours drive north of Plymouth on Friday and we had torrential rain most of the afternoon and early evening. I think the Plymouth promotion made the right call as the name for the area (Marsh Mills) suggest that it doesn't drain very well. It makes no sense to take a chance and lose money - in fact early call offs seem to be quite common so far this season.. Having said that I was looking forward to seeing the Thompson twins in action!