British Speedway Forum
Doners123

Plymouth 2019

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Yes, saw that. Did I read that someone said it was going to Northside . 

Have to say I am no au fait about the geography of these places or the latest situation.

Its the transport that makes shale expensive . Glyn taylor posted the acutal prices once , it was something like .£300 a load for the shale .and £1500 to deliver it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, adonis said:

Its the transport that makes shale expensive . Glyn taylor posted the acutal prices once , it was something like .£300 a load for the shale .and £1500 to deliver it

Good grief. 

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Yes, saw that. Did I read that someone said it was going to Northside . 

Have to say I am no au fait about the geography of these places or the latest situation.

Yes someone said they had followed a wagon-load to Northside..a journey of less than 1 mile....but not sure if it would ever get used there..probably just a convenient 'drop off' point.

1 hour ago, adonis said:

That's not good for tracks without local supplies....awful delivery price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

That's not good for tracks without local supplies....awful delivery price.

It was for Leicester . deliveries  Leicestershire Shale !!!

Leicestershire shale has been unavailable for over 2 years now according to the quarry company. (Braydon aggregates or similar it was called).

There was a supplier down Gloucester way last season but I think it was from there the shale came, that got panned at multiple tracks last season for being substandard. To my knowledge the only place to buy bulk of shale is in Scotland and whilst the price is half the price of a tonne of top soil, as has been stated it's the delivery costs that are the killer. 

I spoke to the Dugard’s at Eastbourne last year when they added the ‘red shale’ which made the track much grippier. I remember they ordered a lorry load or there abouts £400. But to get it delivered from Edinburgh was £1500! Paid off though as the meetings were far better in the end with better racing. 

Stoke’s press release ahead of tomorrow’s match implies Henry Atkins is soon to join the Gladiators. Can anyone throw any light on this?

4 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Stoke’s press release ahead of tomorrow’s match implies Henry Atkins is soon to join the Gladiators. Can anyone throw any light on this?

Atkins said just before he got injured that he’d signed for an NL team. 

Would he fit without a double change as can't see Stoneman or Wilson making way. Campos & Extance out for Atkins + 3 pointer in? 

On 6/7/2019 at 8:17 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Would he fit without a double change as can't see Stoneman or Wilson making way. Campos & Extance out for Atkins + 3 pointer in? 

STOKE travel to Devon to face the Plymouth Gladiators in their quarter-final first leg meeting at the Coliseum.

The A.R. Richards Potters welcome back Tom Perry for the clash after he missed the defeat at Leicester while Arran Butcher comes in at reserve replacing Corban Pavitt who is taking school exams.

The Gladiators have been doing some track work after last weeks meeting against Cradley was postponed and Potters team manager Adam Isherwood hopes the Potters can take advantage of this saying “With the track being worked on it is likely to be an away track for the home riders as well as us and hopefully we will be able to adapt better.”
The home side have had to revert back to their original one to seven after new signing Henry Atkins got injured but they will be led into action by former Potter Ben Wilson who spearheads the side and he will be given solid support from Nathan Stoneman who doubles up with Birmingham in the Championship. Supporting the duo will be Scott Campos who was one of the riders being replaced and will be out to prove a point to the home promotion and Richard Andrews who has been riding well this season with another rider who was due to be replaced completing the top five in former Stoke rider Adam Extance. At reserve the Gladiators have Adam Sheppard and Jamie Bursill competing their side.

Potters rider Connor Coles commented “We will be going there to win as we always do in any meeting hopefully we can come away with an advantage, but if they do go in front we will be looking to keep it as close as we can for the second leg at Loomer Road on Saturday night.”

Seems Stoke know what is going on !!

Edited by F15E

On 6/7/2019 at 8:17 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Stoke seem to know what is going on!

Hi, I am thinking about going to a Plymouth meeting, the silver ski fours one at the end of July. Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance? Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what Plymouth has to offer.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:17 AM, JackJack said:

Hi, I am thinking about going to a Plymouth meeting, the silver ski fours one at the end of July. Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance? Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what Plymouth has to offer.

In the absence of any reply from a Gladiators fan the nearest hotel, which is within easy walking distance of the track, is the Premier Inn at 300 Plymouth Road, Plymouth PL3 6RW, There is also an Ibis a little bit further away at Marsh Mills, Forder Valley, Longbridge Road, Plymouth PL6 8LR. The track itself is situated at Marsh Mills, just off the A38 Devon Expressway, and, if you need it, there is free parking at the Coypool Park and Ride car park (3/4 minutes walk from the track).  Both the car park and track are signposted. I don't know what the admission cost is as I have not been this season (the Gladiators website is silent on this and not much good at all!). As you probably know there are problems with the track at the moment which I hope they can get sorted. There is a history of rain offs (the name Marsh Mills might give you a clue as to why!). If there should be a rain off there are plenty of things to see and do in Plymouth. Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip - at least you don't get any strung out races at Plymouth and the racing is usually o.k.