British Speedway Forum
Doners123

Plymouth 2019

1 hour ago, BobC said:

The referee insisted track work started before a wheel was turned. It did take place,enough to start the meeting.

I have mobile phone footage taken at 20.10,after only three races and several falls and subsequent withdrawals of two riders.It shows two tractors on the track near the pits entrance,one driven by Mark Phillips,the other by IOW Promoter Barry Bishop. They did try to fix it. However riding took place for the next 5-6 races, before we actually saw a pass.by a rider outriding another rather than a track surface induced wobble.

I genuinely used to love the racing at Plymouth. Inside or out, I have seen some brilliant racing over the years. I am sorry to say that since the introduction of the extra clay, the surface and racing have suffered very badly. Rip the whole thing up and get in some proper shale and we could get back to some decent racing.

Terrace talk suggests that the clay has been added so that they can run Quad racing. Apparently, the quads, in a noise test for the council, didnt like the shale surface as the werent able to skid properly. Very short sighted if true. 

I really do not want Plymouth to close. 

Spot on BobC. I can't remember the last Kent match at Plymouth i missed & along with B/V its a track i usually look forward to going to the most (not the journeys), but something has gone drastically wrong this year to ruin it.

I do think part of the problem is the promotion seem to be in denial. Bates praised 13 of the 16 riders who took part as if they didn't mind riding but i spoke to alot before the meeting & that was far from true.  I think they need to admit there is a big problem & try & get a track expert in b4 its to late as it seems they have tried & failed.

That's what's needed some one who knows how to fix a track when they have problems like Plymouth have. 

Read a note on Facebook by Jordan Palin a young 15/16 yr Belle Vue guesting for IofW, from the comments shown he had never seen the track before. This is what he wrote

"Yesterday I scored 6 points for the Isle off wight  at Plymouth track was abit tricky to start with and want to say thank you to the track staff at Plymouth for getting the track sorted for my next ride and was a really nice track to ride
Was meant to be at stoke today but got cancelled "

• Like 2

What do you make of what an actual rider has to say then bob and others.someone actually on the track.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

What do you make of what an actual rider has to say then bob and others.someone actually on the track.

Not a lot considering other riders actually at the track said it was a disgrace 

1 hour ago, BobC said:

Worth reading......

http://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/9948/july-plymouth-silver-holidays-fours?page=3

If you are not sure what denial means, read Themattiebates version of events.

Not a word about the work ordered by the referee before the start, the riders complaints and the necessary further work part way through.

Absolutely nothing wrong at all.

Quite extraordinary.

You will know better than me what it was like after the track work part way through, but that's not really the point.

The point is that the work was necessary at all.

24 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I wonder what you think of Luke Bowen's comments:

' It ain't speedway going round quarter throttle is it ? Bloody circus you got there. Feel sorry for the fans watching that sh*te every week'.

He was out on the track too.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

Yeah your right but palin had the balls to do more than one ride, sorry one completed ride and he certainly Bowen this Is was not at quarter throttle he was 20 yards in front of everyone when he crashed on his own going over the start finish line not where the so called problem part of the track was and where he crashed there was certainly no remedial work done.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Yeah your right but palin had the balls to do more than one ride, sorry one completed ride and he certainly Bowen this Is was not at quarter throttle he was 20 yards in front of everyone when he crashed on his own going over the start finish line not where the so called problem part of the track was and where he crashed there was certainly no remedial work done.

He was on the track, you weren't. 

The thing I really don't get is you seem to think that a referee turning up and instructing a promotion to do track work before meeting can start then having to do the same thing again because it still hasn't been done properly is no problem at all.

I have news for you : it is.

Its easily solved, too. Do a decent job in the first place. If you can, that is.

• Like 1

And nor were you,do you no what there has been problems with the track that is beyond denial,but I also no they are doing there damn best to get it right they really are and people like you constantly at them is not going to help I hope you soon find another club to have a go at soon ,I hope you have a good day as this is the last I’m going to say on it because whatever anyone puts in front of you ie proof of what another rider has said you will always find something else to come back with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Except Bowen (and others) said the track was a shambles and the promotion a joke... its actually people like you in denial that get clubs shut down 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

I think that is exactly Bowens point, he unlike allot of the other riders tried to RACE on it not just RIDE on it & he ended up picking up drive out of bend 4 putting him the fence thats why he decided if he cannot RACE on the track he would not to go out again. He, unlike 14 of the other riders had a choice whether to go out or not as he is not currently in a team therefore cannot get a ban!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

And nor were you,do you no what there has been problems with the track that is beyond denial,but I also no they are doing there damn best to get it right they really are and people like you constantly at them is not going to help I hope you soon find another club to have a go at soon ,I hope you have a good day as this is the last I’m going to say on it because whatever anyone puts in front of you ie proof of what another rider has said you will always find something else to come back with.

You mistake me.

This forum is full of those who can't wait to tear the sport or clubs apart but I am not one of them. I call it as I see it, always have. As evidence, read the Redcar/Birmingham thread. 

You're right, it has gone on long enough. 

One last point, though. If there was an admittance that things weren't right and that there was effort to correct them, the criticism from me (and others) would be much less aggressive. Indeed, there might be some support.

Thing is, though, there is flat denial that anything is wrong. Bob C's post above confirms that.

How can you make an effort to put things right when you refuse to accept that there is anything wrong in the first place ? 

• Like 2