British Speedway Forum
Doners123

Plymouth 2019

22 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

That campos signing is a shocker

I was in the pits when Scott was at Kings Lynn in the NL. He has a great influence on the younger riders, calm but positive, he is very dependable and on the track he gates extremely well. I have seen him demolish the field when conditions are dry and in the wet he is in a different league to most NL riders. His preparation is fastidious and he is well worth the average. For home meetings he will be travelling a huge distance to ride....look after him guys   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 12:52 PM, Doners123 said:

So updated now is .....

1 - 

2 - Adam Exstance 3:77

3 - Scott Campos 6:28

4 - 

5 - Nathan Stoneman 7:61 

6 - Adam Sheapard 2:01 

7 - Jamie Bursill - 2:00

With the points remaining I’d like to see Richard Andrews at 4 and Ben Wilson at 1.

Your wish came up trumps lol     happy days :-)

• Like 1

Any side who secured the services of Richard Andrews for the upcoming season should be very happy. Quick question time, Adam Sheppard gets a 2.01 average having previously been declared in a 1-7? Jamie Bursill was also in the IOW 1-7 so surely gets a 2.01 average too? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Any side who secured the services of Richard Andrews for the upcoming season should be very happy. Quick question time, Adam Sheppard gets a 2.01 average having previously been declared in a 1-7? Jamie Bursill was also in the IOW 1-7 so surely gets a 2.01 average too? 

Richard Andrews Confirmed for the Devils This morning.

• Like 2

i think the devils have a great side this year..

and far more organised having the team all set before the end of the year.

great work all involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Jamie only done 2 meetings for IOW and didn’t get a average 

21 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Jamie only done 2 meetings for IOW and didn’t get a average 

Its nothing against Jamie its just that the whole 2 pointer rules have been brought in but without any clarity. There is allegedly a rule update to be released in Jan, why? why can the rules not be published when they were decided at the AGM......or were there a load of oversights that need clearing up.

25 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Its nothing against Jamie its just that the whole 2 pointer rules have been brought in but without any clarity. There is allegedly a rule update to be released in Jan, why? why can the rules not be published when they were decided at the AGM......or were there a load of oversights that need clearing up.

Their still trying to work it out and it will take till January to get it nearly right before changing it again lol 

• Like 1

It’s fair that Bursill is a 2.00 as he’s never had an average ever. However Sheppard has achieved a real average in the past as well as being declared in teams so surely he should come in on 2.whatever he finished on in the last season he rode enough meetings to get an average. 

So Plymouth are now to be known as Plymouth Gladiators, racing at the Plymouth Coliseum!

New Colours too, Blue and Yellow with black.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobC said:

So Plymouth are now to be known as Plymouth Gladiators, racing at the Plymouth Coliseum!

New Colours too, Blue and Yellow with black.

Saw this and assumed someone had confused January 1st with  April 1st.   But now I'm starting to think it's not a joke and it actually is for real.

I've always thought that Plymouth Devils was a decent enough nickname, but if it wanted a change it could draw on the City's history for inspiration (being the place the Pilgrim Fathers departed from,  it's association with Francis Drake, the home of Europe's biggest naval base, etc etc).

With all of these options, "Gladiators" seems a bit naff. 

And worse still  "Plymouth Colosseum"???  Really?    Plymouth Speedway is a nice little place, but that's what it is... a nice little set-up on a school's playing field.   Not quite the Colosseum.

And can I query the spelling in the press release.   It says "coliseum".   Surely if they're portraying themselves as gladiators then they mean the "Colosseum" in Rome?   As far as I know Gladiators fought at the Colosseum.... the "coliseum" is a theatre in Oldham where you're more likely to see Christopher Biggins in panto dressed as a dame.

p.s. Will Ben Wilson change his name to Ben Hur?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think it has something to do with former gladiator cobra ( Steve Luxton) who owns cobra garage mahal. 

So so I think this a change in names much like a sponsorship. I believe as a Plymouth fan it is a good move we have made huge strides forward since some promoters under the devils name who put the devils name in bad lights especially around the Plymouth area.

more money

better contacts threw Steve 

And a fresh era in a fresh year makes sense.

I agree had it been a random rebranding without linking it to cobra and the gladiators then something linking it with the city would have been good. 

I’d have also liked the colourway to involve green like most of the other sporting teams in Plymouth.

overall I’m happy with the change.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Saw this and assumed someone had confused January 1st with  April 1st.   But now I'm starting to think it's not a joke and it actually is for real.

I've always thought that Plymouth Devils was a decent enough nickname, but if it wanted a change it could draw on the City's history for inspiration (being the place the Pilgrim Fathers departed from,  it's association with Francis Drake, the home of Europe's biggest naval base, etc etc).

With all of these options, "Gladiators" seems a bit naff. 

And worse still  "Plymouth Colosseum"???  Really?    Plymouth Speedway is a nice little place, but that's what it is... a nice little set-up on a school's playing field.   Not quite the Colosseum.

And can I query the spelling in the press release.   It says "coliseum".   Surely if they're portraying themselves as gladiators then they mean the "Colosseum" in Rome?   As far as I know Gladiators fought at the Colosseum.... the "coliseum" is a theatre in Oldham where you're more likely to see Christopher Biggins in panto dressed as a dame.

p.s. Will Ben Wilson change his name to Ben Hur?

Let's hope the promoter doesn't start calling himself Julius Caesar as there won't be any shortage of insiders  to stab him in the back .:D

Anything that helps the speedway is good. Things need to change and that’s what they have done. Good on them for trying something new

• Like 1