British Speedway Forum
Doners123

Plymouth 2019

Personally if the sponsorship tie up was the reasoning the the Plymouth Cobra's sounds a better name but whichever. As long as there isn't an influx of polystyrene columns appearing and the water car towed round by a couple of horses im sure everything will be fine at the Eastbourne coloured Gladiators 

• Like 1

At the end of the day Plymouth will continue to have a speedway team next season something which was much in doubt at the end of last I think. New sponsorship or actually any sponsorship is so difficult to get so my thoughts are WELL DONE to the Mark, Stuart and Mattie. Paul is working hard as well. I am pleased to sponsor a heat for the season as I have done the last two years. It's a relatively small amount but if it helps keep my Friday nights going, we as spectators just need to get behind the team and give them the support they need and deserve. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Icicle said:

Hope they correct the mis-spelt Stadium name to Colosseum

coliseum

The standard spelling for an outdoor stadium is “coliseum”, but the one in Rome is called the “Colosseum.” Also note that the name of the specific construction in Rome is capitalized.

• Like 1

Mattie Bates as a Gladiator - hope he marches out in front of his team "in costume". The mind boggles.I would pay to see that!!!!

Seriously, good luck Plymouth and, of course, good luck to Richard Andrews, who is fondly remembered by many in Sussex, and Mattie - he put in some super shifts for the Eagles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Falcons50 said:

At the end of the day Plymouth will continue to have a speedway team next season something which was much in doubt at the end of last I think. New sponsorship or actually any sponsorship is so difficult to get so my thoughts are WELL DONE to the Mark, Stuart and Mattie. Paul is working hard as well. I am pleased to sponsor a heat for the season as I have done the last two years. It's a relatively small amount but if it helps keep my Friday nights going, we as spectators just need to get behind the team and give them the support they need and deserve. :D

Can't say I like the changes much, but there you go. Just hope they bring you better fortune than when my old team changed it's name to Gladiators.

Edited by HertsRacer

Please don't knock this initiative folks it's not that long ago that Plymouth didn't have a Speedway Team and of course it's an even shorter period since it's continuation was threatened. Whatever it takes to secure the sport for Plymouth and it's lovely supporters has to be welcomed and embraced. Well done this is an opportunity to be taken and made the most of, which all the other clubs at death's door would welcome.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

Please don't knock this initiative folks it's not that long ago that Plymouth didn't have a Speedway Team and of course it's an even shorter period since it's continuation was threatened. Whatever it takes to secure the sport for Plymouth and it's lovely supporters has to be welcomed and embraced. Well done this is an opportunity to be taken and made the most of, which all the other clubs at death's door would welcome.

I'm sure everybody wishes you the best of fortune for the future. We can't afford to lose anymore tracks. On a lighter note the name Gladiators will be Plymouth's sixth nickname in it's history after Tigers, Panthers, Drakes, Bulldogs and Devils. This must be a record.

2 hours ago, HertsRacer said:

I'm sure everybody wishes you the best of fortune for the future. We can't afford to lose anymore tracks. On a lighter note the name Gladiators will be Plymouth's sixth nickname in it's history after Tigers, Panthers, Drakes, Bulldogs and Devils. This must be a record.

They are not the first team to have six nicknames. The team I'm thinking of can also count Panthers as one of their nicknames.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arnieg said:

They are not the first team to have six nicknames. The team I'm thinking of can also count Panthers as one of their nicknames.

Bradford ?

Edited by HertsRacer
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HertsRacer said:

Bradford ?

Boomerangs, Tudors, Panthers, Northern, Barons & Dukes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BBC Spotlight tonight 6.30 pm interview with Stuart Kellie and Skype link to Steve Luxton . Programme is available on iPlayer 

• Like 1

I like the re-branding and new colours.

Hope all goes well. :t:

• Like 1

Was looking at coming down on good Friday but gonna be about 150 quid on the train. And 18 hour rnd trip.