British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SPEEDY69

Buxton - epitomy of NL racing?

10 hours ago, bigred said:

I can tell you for a fact that when Max clegg rode for Buxton (2017)he got £20 a point,and was helped towards a tyre from pipey out of his OWN pocket.

I said £20 a meeting ,

52 minutes ago, adonis said:

I said £20 a meeting ,

You actually said 20 a point for a scratter like halder so max clegg would have been on more......just stating the fact he wasn’t .

14 hours ago, bigred said:

Is there going to be an NLRC, NL pairs or Fours this year? Maybe Buxton should be put forward to be allowed to run them meetings,would be 3 good Sunday meetings for NL supporters to turn out for,also wouldn’t do Buxton speedway any harm whatsoever financially towards running in 2020 .British speedway needs tracks like Buxton .!

There was actually a press release saying they will get a shared meeting. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Islander15 said:

There was actually a press release saying they will get a shared meeting. 

The press release said there might be a shared event allocated. That wont be happening though as it isn't cost effective as we would still need to purchase all the necessary annual licences. 

6 hours ago, Jayne said:

The press release said there might be a shared event allocated. That wont be happening though as it isn't cost effective as we would still need to purchase all the necessary annual licences. 

What a shame.All the very best for a return in 2020 Jayne.

16 hours ago, Jayne said:

Can't you say how much the Licences would cost and maybe someone could set up a crowd funding page to cover all costs for the day. Speedway fans seem to unite when a fellow club neds help, and every fan seems sad at your clubs demise, and I am sure people would be keen to help to see another event held at your picturesque venue.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jayne said:

Does this also rule out the possibility of open meetings?

On 1/4/2019 at 12:17 AM, Jayne said:

What a joke.. .. I am neither pro or against Buxton, but if the governing body are serious about our sport then surely they should waive all the fees and do anything they can to secure the longer term future if the club.

It's very easy to shut a track down, very hard to reopen one.

It should not come down to the fans to fund it, the whole speedway family from the top downwards should make relatively simple obstacles disappear, rather then creating them?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

What a joke.. .. I am neither pro or against Buxton, but if the governing body are serious about our sport then surely they should waive all the fees and do anything they can to secure the longer term future if the club.

It should not come down to the fans to fund it, the whole speedway family from the top downwards should make relatively simple obstacles disappear, rather then creating them?

one mans loss is another mans gain , I'm sure the flat trackers will grasp the opportunity , handed to them by the BSPA

On 1/5/2019 at 6:38 AM, teaboy279 said:

That would be the same governing bodies that charge development league teams who do not run under current club names e.g Camarthen, Reading etc £300+ more than they do Kent or Belle Vue. 

On 1/5/2019 at 6:38 AM, teaboy279 said:

It is hard to disagree with Teaboy...BUT, I can see that if the BSPA treat Buxton as a special case, waving fees and so on, which will be the next

club to claim that they too are a special case ? Personally I see the National League as the MOST ESSENTIAL part of the sport in the UK. Producing new

young British riders year on year. Yet, if all we hear is true, many of them struggle to survive...indeed Buxton did NOT survive and their input into the

training scene is lost, to the detriment of the sport.  IMO the BSAP should make more effort to support the N .L.     The reward is less expensive foreign

talent.

3 hours ago, East End Fan said:

It is hard to disagree with Teaboy...BUT, I can see that if the BSPA treat Buxton as a special case, waving fees and so on, which will be the next

club to claim that they too are a special case ? Personally I see the National League as the MOST ESSENTIAL part of the sport in the UK. Producing new

young British riders year on year. Yet, if all we hear is true, many of them struggle to survive...indeed Buxton did NOT survive and their input into the

training scene is lost, to the detriment of the sport.  IMO the BSAP should make more effort to support the N .L.     The reward is less expensive foreign

talent.

Rather than a track closing surely an open licence is the next best option? the BSPA should 100% encourage any track to operate from training tracks upwards! 

• Like 3

I have been on a FACEBOOK short oval car forum (aka stock cars!!).The car track in the area seems extremely pro-active. What is the reason for this difference between the two motorsport formulas?

28 minutes ago, gustix said:

I have been on a FACEBOOK short oval car forum (aka stock cars!!).The car track in the area seems extremely pro-active. What is the reason for this difference between the two motorsport formulas?

I think the reason for the difference is the number of wheels.Cars tend to have 4 of them and bikes just two

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I think the reason for the difference is the number of wheels.Cars tend to have 4 of them and bikes just two

Clever rrrrrsss comment accepted.!!! One has to tolerate your response. I should have phrased my Post better - here's another try:

"I have been on a FACEBOOK short oval car forum (aka stock cars!!).The car track in the area seems extremely pro-active. What is the reason for this difference IN INTEREST between the two motorsport formulas?"