British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SPEEDY69

Buxton - epitomy of NL racing?

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

More a wall of silence

With his record of not turning up and moving clubs, I think it will only be a temporary wall....  

You won't see this Wall linger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As a point of interest!

If the Buxton promotion were gifted £10,000 would they consider running in 2010?

If so are there 100 like minded supporters out there who would each donate £100 to help Buxton run because like me you see what true ground roots people the club are.

probably yes ,

Is Jayne , Josh n the crew up for another go round tho ?

Edited by raddog

16 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

As a point of interest!

If the Buxton promotion were gifted £10,000 would they consider running in 2010?

If so are there 100 like minded supporters out there who would each donate £100 to help Buxton run because like me you see what true ground roots people the club are.

I don't think the Buxton promotion would need a penny to run the 2010 season again. Just a time machine and our best wishes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

As a point of interest!

If the Buxton promotion were gifted £10,000 would they consider running in 2010?  ( Sorry I meant the 2020 season)

Certainly would be good if the answer was yes. Also there must be 7 riders who would jump at the chance at riding for Buxton this year (for not silly points money) rather than sitting on the sidelines.

Silly Season but Smith 8.41, Armstrong 7.69, Wooley 6.69, Halder 4.63, Embleton 2.88, Macdonald 2.72, Dicken 2.33 = 35.35 all northern, all got no current (declared) team places.....

Edited by Sings4Speedway
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly would be good if the answer was yes. Also there must be 7 riders who would jump at the chance at riding for Buxton this year (for not silly points money) rather than sitting on the sidelines.

Silly Season but Smith 8.41, Armstrong 7.69, Wooley 6.69, Halder 4.63, Embleton 2.88, Macdonald 2.72, Dicken 2.33 = 35.35 all northern, all got no current (declared) team places.....

Halder is at Lesta I think

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, adonis said:

Halder is at Lesta I think

Quite likely. Just an example side of riders who want to ride in the NL and should be prepared to take £20 a point for the benefit of doing so plus would be a competitive side. 

should be prepared to take £20 a meeting more like ,  £20 a point for a scratcher like Halder that means max Clegg would get more  over 2 grand a meeting paid out  in points money ,

18 hours ago, Ghosty said:

What a great idea. I would be more than happy to donate £100 to get the hitmen back on track. What better way to spend a sunny sunday afternoon in the Derbyshire hills than watching the mighty potters giving those pesky hitmen a good spanking. anyone else up for it.

Do not know about Buxton's finances but I think two of their problems could be Sheffield running on Sunday this year, and not a track which is easy to access without your own transport. Wonder if it would be viable for Buxton to run Saturdays if Sheffield continue to run Sundays in years to come. 

I hear that Buxton may run some meetings. To help make it viable for them, perhaps anyone going to these meetings, if they have spare car room could offer a lift to someone without transport. I am sure a few extra supporters and a few extra £,sss at the turnstile would be appreciated by Jayne and co. 

Edited by RS50

7 hours ago, RS50 said:

Do not know about Buxton's finances but I think two of their problems could be Sheffield running on Sunday this year, and not a track which is easy to access without your own transport. Wonder if it would be viable for Buxton to run Saturdays if Sheffield continue to run Sundays in years to come. 

I hear that Buxton may run some meetings. To help make it viable for them, perhaps anyone going to these meetings, if they have spare car room could offer a lift to someone without transport. I am sure a few extra would be appreciated by Jayne and co. 

Is there going to be an NLRC, NL pairs or Fours this year? Maybe Buxton should be put forward to be allowed to run them meetings,would be 3 good Sunday meetings for NL supporters to turn out for,also wouldn’t do Buxton speedway any harm whatsoever financially towards running in 2020 .British speedway needs tracks like Buxton .!

On 12/20/2018 at 9:11 AM, adonis said:

should be prepared to take £20 a meeting more like ,  £20 a point for a scratcher like Halder that means max Clegg would get more  over 2 grand a meeting paid out  in points money ,

I can tell you for a fact that when Max clegg rode for Buxton (2017)he got £20 a point,and was helped towards a tyre from pipey out of his OWN pocket.