Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliv Clav

Petition For A New Speedway Stadium In Essex

Recommended Posts

Admins: any chance this could be pinned just so everyone sees this?  I will post this in each of the 3 leagues as we desperately need help from all speedway fans.  If you think this is inappropriate please delete it, but this could be our best chance to be successful and we want to strike whilst the iron is hot.

Could I please ask all speedway fans to take 10 seconds to sign the petition to help get a new venue for the sport in the Thurrock area of Essex?

Here is the link: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/support-the-return-of-lakeside-hammers-speedway

The council meet shortly to discuss regeneration plans and how to spend monies from the compulsory purchase of the Arena Essex site and they are actually listening to the Hammers case, as we have good grounds for some compensation after being left without a home.  We currently have over 2500 signatures but we really need as many as possible.

Only one signature per email address.  You will receive an email saying thanks for signing, but nothing else.

Please, please, please help our fight.  We have meetings with the council and developers and the petition really does help our cause.  The SGB website and the Speedway Star have not included stories about this, so we have had no help there.  I know speedway fans love their sport and want as many clubs open as possible, so please sign or if you have already, thank you.

For more info on our campaign please visit http://www.lakesidehammers.co/we-are-thurrocks-hammers/

Thanks everyone.  Peace!

Edited by Cliv Clav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ch958 said:

have you identified any bits of land or areas which might be suitable

There are a few sites that may come into consideration from what I understand.  The problem is that Thurrock have to find over 30,000 new homes in the next 20ish years!  Which is crazy.  But to put a positive spin on it, that's a lot of people that would need live entertainment in the region and that could well be the Hammers!

Edited by Cliv Clav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so very much to all that have signed so far, it will help our cause massively when the council meet to allocate funds to regeneration projects shortly.  To those who haven't signed yet, please do.  It literally takes 10 seconds.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick update:

Thurrock Council have acknowledged our petition and have asked the Hammers to present the details of it and the campaign to get the team a new home in the area to the Thurrock Council's main cabinet in January or February.  This will place both the club and the campaign on the council’s agenda such that it is recorded officially in Council minutes and ensure that the club gets an official response.

So please get all speedway fans you know to keep signing the petition as it really is going to help us.  We need riders, promoters and clubs to post/tweet links to the petition and the Speedway Star to actually put something in print as it is yet to appear in the magazine.

Thank you all for signing so far, I wish I could give you all a hug or buy you a beer, whichever is most appropriate lol.  Thanks for trying to save our team :D

Here is the link: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/support-the-return-of-lakeside-hammers-speedway

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 9:39 AM, Cliv Clav said:

A quick update:

Thurrock Council have acknowledged our petition and have asked the Hammers to present the details of it and the campaign to get the team a new home in the area to the Thurrock Council's main cabinet in January or February.  This will place both the club and the campaign on the council’s agenda such that it is recorded officially in Council minutes and ensure that the club gets an official response.

So please get all speedway fans you know to keep signing the petition as it really is going to help us.  We need riders, promoters and clubs to post/tweet links to the petition and the Speedway Star to actually put something in print as it is yet to appear in the magazine.

Thank you all for signing so far, I wish I could give you all a hug or buy you a beer, whichever is most appropriate lol.  Thanks for trying to save our team :D

Here is the link: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/support-the-return-of-lakeside-hammers-speedway

So how many signatures have you received to date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too, wishing you the best of luck

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23 December 2018 at 10:16 AM, crescent girl said:

So how many signatures have you received to date?

Over 2,800 signatures so far, which is fantastic and a huge thanks to each and every one of you for signing.  The Hammers fans really do appreciate other fans signing the petition to try to bring our favourite hobby and team back to Essex.  We would love to get 3,000 signatures so please ask all speedway fans you know to add their names, if they haven't already.

We present to Thurrock Council very soon and this petition will make an impact.  Let's hope it's a big enough impact to secure a new site for us.

Thanks again everyone and a happy new year to you all :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cliv Clav said:

Over 2,800 signatures so far, which is fantastic and a huge thanks to each and every one of you for signing.  The Hammers fans really do appreciate other fans signing the petition to try to bring our favourite hobby and team back to Essex.  We would love to get 3,000 signatures so please ask all speedway fans you know to add their names, if they haven't already.

We present to Thurrock Council very soon and this petition will make an impact.  Let's hope it's a big enough impact to secure a new site for us.

Thanks again everyone and a happy new year to you all :D

That's a remarkable amount of signatures to the petition. In comparison I wonder why so many signatories never actually attended meetings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, gustix said:

That's a remarkable amount of signatures to the petition. In comparison I wonder why so many signatories never actually attended meetings?

Because no true speedway fan wants to see any club cease to be, or is that too obvious? I'm an Eastie supporter, unlikely to attend any or certainly at best an Eastie away meet if in the same league, but still prefer to have an Arena Essex than not, so have signed it. 

Edited by gazzac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Because no true speedway fan wants to see any club cease to be, or is that too obvious? I'm an Eastie supporter, unlikely to attend any or certainly at best an Eastie away meet if in the same league, but still prefer an Arena Essex than not so have signed it. 

The sad thing is that opponents of the new speedway stadium proposal are certain to highlight the difference between signatories and attendances. That's reality NOT sentiment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy