British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue Colts 2019

12 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Like I keep saying.  (See above).   His first competitive ride was in the NL.   He won his first ever competitive race in heat 2 for the Belle Vue Colts.    He did then go on loan to Edinburgh (second tier).   His top flight debut was the following year.

Can you explain to me who Daniel Bewley was in the following meeting then: Edinburgh Vs Berwick (PLC) 08/4/2016 - perhaps it's a different one to the Dan Bewley who rode in Belle Vue Vs Mildenhall (NL) 06/5/2016?

1 hour ago, JCookie said:
Can you explain to me who Daniel Bewley was in the following meeting then: Edinburgh Vs Berwick (PLC) 08/4/2016 - perhaps it's a different one to the Dan Bewley who rode in Belle Vue Vs Mildenhall (NL) 06/5/2016?

It funnily enough is the same Dan Bewley. However it was also the same Dan Bewley that rode in Cradley Vs Belle Vue (NL) 28/3/2016.

Edited by eaglesno1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I also thought he made his PL debut before his NL by virtue of Edinburghs season starting before the Colts.

No. His first meeting - as has been pointed out - was for the Colts at Cradley.

I was there and remember texting a few people about him afterwards.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

16 hours ago, JCookie said:

Bloody hell you are confused.    Can't you read back on the thread where I've already told you several times?

I'm sure you're not daft enough to think there are two Dan Bewleys.    The Dan Bewley who rode in the two meetings above is the exact same Dan Bewley who had already previously made his NL debut by winning his first ever competitve ride when debuting for the Belle Vue Colts in the NL.

Two Dan Bewleys, oh how I wish.

What a rider...a real joy to watch...can't see enough of him – so if we can clone him, so much the better.

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

Is Ben Rathbone related tonGed Rathbone, the promoter ?

Yes, he is Ged’s nephew.

On 23 December 2018 at 8:38 AM, Halifaxtiger said:

No. His first meeting - as has been pointed out - was for the Colts at Cradley.

I was there and remember texting a few people about him afterwards.

I was there as well, after only I lap it was all obvious, what a talent 

18 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Is Ben Rathbone related tonGed Rathbone, the promoter ?

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Yes, he is Ged’s nephew.

13 hours ago, CottonOn said:

Cousin, I believe

I've just checked - Ben is actually Ged's cousin's son.

In certain parts of Norfolk all the answers given would be correct and mean the same person ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

A few riders are changing their averages from 10/6 & one of them, Jordan Palin goes from 2.00 to 9.45 & is now their no1.

59 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

A few riders are changing their averages from 10/6 & one of them, Jordan Palin goes from 2.00 to 9.45 & is now their no1.

Yep Palin rewarded after his mega start to the year. Rathbone moves up too so potentially the reserves now become 1&2? Woodhull ships 1.8 off his starting figure and drops to reserve along with the non riding Bowen. Palin limited to 5 rides and guest reserve certainly weakens the Colts but not by a lot.

Can belle vue get connor bailey to replace Bowen till fit????