British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue Colts 2019

3 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Both Jordan and Ben started on a 2 point average and now Connor is doing the same.

That makes it a total of signing three 2 point averages

I see your thinking but if a team signed two 2 pointers at the start of the year and another team member had a loss of form and dropped to 2 it seems unfair to me that one of them should be sacked, especially if the club wanted to stand by them and keep them in the team. 

Bit harsh and I cannot agree with you on this one. 

19.7.1.1 says    " A Team’s Declaration (initial and re-declared) is 36.00 with a minimum MA of 2.00. A maximum of two 2.00 riders are permitted per team."

It is about Declarations & team changes & not a rolling average.

Everything above board as far as I can see. Similar happenings at Cradley I see.

41 minutes ago, ouch said:

if a team signed two 2 pointers at the start of the year and another team member had a loss of form and dropped to 2 it seems unfair to me that one of them should be sacked,

You're making your own rules up!  

Where has anyone said you have to sack a rider if his average drops?  :blink:

All we're talking about is the rule that you can't bring in another 2.00 rider if your reserve berths are already filled with two 2.00 riders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalterPlinge said:

You're making your own rules up!  

Where has anyone said you have to sack a rider if his average drops?  :blink:

All we're talking about is the rule that you can't bring in another 2.00 rider if your reserve berths are already filled with two 2.00 riders.

Oh, that’s ok then. When Connor comes in on 2 the other six are, 9.46, 8.55, 8.39, 7.29, 3.47 & 3.06.

Good luck Connor on your Colts debut tomorrow.

How exciting is this young Colts side......top 3 averages are 15, 16 and 17 year olds ,,,,,,,

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 12:53 PM, IronScorpion said:

19.7.1.1 says    " A Team’s Declaration (initial and re-declared) is 36.00 with a minimum MA of 2.00. A maximum of two 2.00 riders are permitted per team."

It is about Declarations & team changes & not a rolling average.

Everything above board as far as I can see. Similar happenings at Cradley I see.

Rolling averages don’t exist in the NL. It is about interpretation again! It doesn’t say ‘2 per team based on current average’ or ‘2 per team based on initial average’ in order to clarify the impossible difference. However at Cradley they have x3 riders on a 2.00, unless Davies gets a made up average. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Islander15 said:

Rolling averages don’t exist in the NL. It is about interpretation again! It doesn’t say ‘2 per team based on current average’ or ‘2 per team based on initial average’ in order to clarify the impossible difference. However at Cradley they have x3 riders on a 2.00, unless Davies gets a made up average. 

According to issue 8 of the averages on the BSPA site, Davies has an average of 2.59.

Interestingly, that same issue has Palin, Rathbone and Bailey all currently on 2.00 for Belle Vue, but has a note that the redecleration is effective on the 10th June when Palin & Rathbone get new averages  :blink:

Palin's average has increased from 2.00 to 9.45 based on 4 meetings & Phillips average has increased from 6.75 to 7.29 which must be a rolling average!

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

According to issue 8 of the averages on the BSPA site, Davies has an average of 2.59.

Interestingly, that same issue has Palin, Rathbone and Bailey all currently on 2.00 for Belle Vue, but has a note that the redecleration is effective on the 10th June when Palin & Rathbone get new averages  :blink:

Nobody has sufficiently explained how davies has attained that average.

Interesting. You would assume that Bailey would’ve appeared in the declaration once those two’s averages go up!

38 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Palin's average has increased from 2.00 to 9.45 based on 4 meetings & Phillips average has increased from 6.75 to 7.29 which must be a rolling average!

Phillips has achieved that from 4 meetings also. All NL riders get a new average from the first 4 league meetings of the season if they ride in all 4. Phillips has 31 points from 17 races. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, adonis said:

Real issue is , why are they giving an Aussie a team place , are there no British kids without a team spot ?

He has a British passport .

1 hour ago, Greg said:

He has a British passport .

So do  loads of other british kids , and they all live here as well

“My family has made a big commitment to my career by moving to the UK on a permanent basis.”

• Like 2

I am delighted to see Connor in our side.

This division is about giving opportunities to young riders and I am pleased that our team has a most youthful look.

A terrific amount of talent in this side reminds me of going back to the great Dent Oliver era young lads getting a chance.I hope two or three come out of this period and go on and have careers in speedway.Just naming a few Bickley, Rowe, Palin, Thompson ( 2) Kelly, Ablitt, Gilkes, Mcgurk(2) Simpson,Freeman, Wirtzfield,(etc) how exciting is the NL just shows you what that plank Cook knows about speedway.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

A terrific amount of talent in this side reminds me of going back to the great Dent Oliver era young lads getting a chance.I hope two or three come out of this period and go on and have careers in speedway.Just naming a few Bickley, Rowe, Palin, Thompson ( 2) Kelly, Ablitt, Gilkes, Mcgurk(2) Simpson,Freeman, Wirtzfield,(etc) how exciting is the NL just shows you what that plank Cook knows about speedway.

Agreed and could add several more to that list. The thing i am enjoying this year with the Colts is the riders are good enough not just young enough. There has been a brief obsession in recent years to include any rider who shows a tiny bit of promise and hope for the best, this season the riders deserve the places on merit for the most part.