British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue Colts 2019

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Agreed and could add several more to that list. The thing i am enjoying this year with the Colts is the riders are good enough not just young enough. There has been a brief obsession in recent years to include any rider who shows a tiny bit of promise and hope for the best, this season the riders deserve the places on merit for the most part.

Young Rowe at Swindon is improving rapidly,  and i have followed him along with A-  ORLOV ( Avid Swindon fan) since his mini track appearances at the Abbey.My  big hope is Anders can go Prem with the Robins by 2021/22 as you said we have some real talent coming through now and the N.L is a terrific route to come through.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Colts v Kent very good racing tonight...

£10 in total for me and my 16 year old lad..

Great value for money...

Kent played their part too in some very hard racing and close finishes..

Not over this tie I would suggest...

• Like 1

Impressed with Anders Rowe at the NSS tonight.

Connor Bailey rode very well on his debut in the UK.

good quality racing from both sides

• Like 1

Great advert for National League speedway and makes the recent comments about this standard of speedway by John Cook look very foolish.Racing wise it was much better than the recent televised match at Poole.Credit to both teams with some very good young riders on show.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Exactly what any match should be about regardless of league. Two evenly matched sides racing hard but fair and supplying plenty of entertainment on a track with multiple lines. Add in the KOC tie is now nicely poised / slightly in the Colts favour and its an excellent night all round for Belle Vue Speedway

• Like 1

Really sets up Monday very nicely.Colts have decent lead to defend and Kings capable of pulling back the lead.Looking forward to good meeting,as last nights sounded a cut above what Mr Cook says!!!!! :D

• Like 2

Agree with the above, a great match last night.  I'm particularly impressed with the 15, 16, 17 year olds.  We need to ensure that they can progress within our league system and not get dropped if it doesn't go so well.  They should get some priority; the way Workington stuck with Kyle Bickley last year was admirable and we see the benefit now.

Hope some of the heats are on the SGB website, especially the one in which Rowe and Jenkins both went under Phillips on the entrance of bend three and also heat 12 with the battle between Flint and Rowe.

Still can't believe the value of attending Colts matches and how some think it is inferior to the Premier League. 

• Like 1

For me an absolute classic of a match. Terrific meeting. Terrific debut for connor. 

As coldace says. Yesterday was full of English 16/17/18 years olds. All going at it hammer and tongs. No inches given. Best £10 ever spent. 

• Like 2

Superb meeting two excellent sides going for it hammer and tongs, great debut by Bailey, impressed with Rowe, Flint and Ledwith rode superbly, Kent unlucky as Kemp appeared to have bike problems, tie hanging in the balance as Kings more than capable of turning this around at Sittingbourne. I took a mate who had never been to the Colts before, he loved it said what great value for £10, great advert for NL speedway.

• Like 1

Particularly impressed with the way after every heat the riders from both teams were congratulated or commiserated by their colleagues at the gate..

Same with the reactions to defeats by individuals as they crossed the line..

Looked like it certainly meant something to these lads..

Maybe these lads would even know what the score was if asked by an interviewer?:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

I ve seen a post from the Kent sponsor saying the home team invited the Kent side on the victory parade as it was such a good meeting.

Who films the meetings at Belle vue is it clean cut videos?

52 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I ve seen a post from the Kent sponsor saying the home team invited the Kent side on the victory parade as it was such a good meeting.

Who films the meetings at Belle vue is it clean cut videos?

Yes it is

On 6/21/2019 at 8:23 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Exactly what any match should be about regardless of league. Two evenly matched sides racing hard but fair and supplying plenty of entertainment on a track with multiple lines. Add in the KOC tie is now nicely poised / slightly in the Colts favour and its an excellent night all round for Belle Vue Speedway

Perhaps you should inform Poole Speedway what entertaining Speedway means so we do not have to witness the drivel served up last Monday on BT Sport

19 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Perhaps you should inform Poole Speedway what entertaining Speedway means so we do not have to witness the drivel served up last Monday on BT Sport

When is the World ( and the BSPA in particular) going to wake up to the fact that the National League is a great product which deserves to be treated better ?

• Like 3