British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Australian championships 2019 final round live on internet AM Saturday 12th January

Competition extended to 5 rounds in 2019 

Australian Speedway Senior Solo Championship
Round 1 Thursday 3rd January  Gillman Speedway
Round 2 Saturday 5th January  Olympic Park Mildura
Round 3 Monday 7th January Undera Speedway
Round 4 Wednesday 9th  January Albury
Round 5 Saturday 12th January Kurri – Kurri

This is from the Australian championship website- i loved the home page strap line- get your backside trackside in 2019  !!!!!

In the lead up to the hotly anticipated 2019 Australian Speedway Championship, kicking off on 3rd January, Motorcycling Australia (MA) are thrilled to officially confirm that fans will have access to livestreaming for the final two rounds of the Championship!

MA have partnered once again with NRGTV to produce the livestreaming for the penultimate and final round of the 2019 Championship, and unlike 2018, fans will have free access on both the Australian Speedway Championships website and Facebook page. Streaming will commence at 7:15PM (AEDT), with a pre-event panel show airing from 5PM (AEDT), at each of the two rounds

I make the UK time 8.15am and 6am respectively

8 riders known who are taking part

Fricke

C Holder

J holder

Keleher

B Kurtz

lidsey

Masters

Tungate

A qualifier is being held at Gillman  on January 2nd and the top 8 will qualify for the final series  - field here https://www.australianspeedwaychampionships.com.au/news/2019-australian-speedway-senior-solo-draw-announced/

Zane Keleher was 3rd in the Queensland championships but is no youngster at 25 years of age.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

The qualification meeting at Gillman was held today - scorechart https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/94912/kwalifikacje-do-im-australii-w-gillman

and the 8 riders who made it through to the final 5 round series starting tomorrow are

Ryan Douglas, Jordan Stewart, Justin Sedgmen, Kye Thomson, Todd Kurtz, Nick Morris, Zach Cook and  Ben Cook

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Woohoo, if sportowefakty are doing updates I can relax and have a night off and enjoy the racing. Do you mind if I add the link to the live updates site ?

• Like 1

Also if you go on Facebook, Australian speedway championship page, they are doing a live feed. 

My bro lives in Adelaide, was there with his Robins prog board, chatted to some of the 16 Brits on tour.

Pity Doyley and Batch not there.

Result and points scored in 1st round today- courtesy of Australian speedway championship facebook page

1st Fricke  17

2nd Tungate  16

3rd C Holder 12

4th Stewart 11

5th Lidsey 10

6th Masters 10

7th  J Holder  11

8th B  Kurtz 8

9th Morris 7

10th Douglas 6

11th  T Kurtz  6

12th  B Cook  5

13th Keleher 5

14th Z Cook  3

15th  Thomson 1

16th J Sedgmen 0

Result from the 2nd round today in Mildura- courtesy of Australian speedway championships facebook

1st  C holder 18

2nd  Tungate 14

3rd Fricke 13

4th  B Kurtz 12

5th J Holder 10

6th Masters 10

7th Douglas 10

8th Morris  8

9th  Stewart 6

10th  T Kurtz 6

11th  B Cook 6

12th Lidsey 5