British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Australian championships 2019 final round live on internet AM Saturday 12th January

Accumulated score after 2 rounds- courtesy of my arithmetic

1st= C Holder  30

1st= Tungate 30

1st= Fricke 30

4thJ Holder 21

5th=  B Kurtz 20

5th= Masters 20

7th Stewart 17

8th Douglas 16

9th= Morris 15

9th= lidsey 15

11th T Kurtz 12

12th B Cook 11

13th= Thomson 6

13th= Keleher 6

15th Sedgemen 5

16th Z Cook  4

Edited by racers and royals

11 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Updates do it better!!

If only they did :) Don`t they have Chris Holder scoring 14 today ?? and where have they posted the accumulated scores for the 2 rounds ??

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

If only they did :) Don`t they have Chris Holder scoring 14 today ?? and where have they posted the accumulated scores for the 2 rounds ??

There is room for all of Facebook, live updates, and all the other sites that analyse things. As I see it updates is really only about communicating who won and what the heat results & scores are in as quick a time as possible. The dissection, analysis, praising, and criticising can come later. Which ever people see as their favourite or which they think is better is up to them. Some people want every minute detail, some only want to know who won.

My only issue is I hate duplication of effort. This year a representative from MA is updating the Australian Championship Facebook page quite soon after it happens, and this is the first year they have done that. If it continues it will reduce the significance of live updates and live updates may end up ceasing altogether, but let it be said live updates has filled a void for about 10 years. We all know of certain sites that have used what was on updates to ghost write articles for their own publications so updates has both directly and indirectly helped spread the word.

However, social media like Facebook is the way things are going and the more traditional forums seem to be dying out. I have no issue if updates eventually fades into the background where the Australian Championships are concerned, although those that don’t like Facebook will still look at updates. In 15 years Facebook will probably have had its day as well and we all will have moved on to the next platform anyway.

• Like 3

Sorry but I don't use or have any desire to use Facebook, so alternatives are most welcome.

• Like 3

Result from round 3 today in Undera - Australian speedway championships, live updates and Sportowefakty between them don`t list the result and points scored correctly so i hope what i have worked out is correct

1st Fricke 18

2nd C Holder 15

3rd Lidsey 13

4th Tungate 11

5th J Holder 10

6th Morris 11

7th Sedgemen 9

8th B Kurtz 9

9th Masters 9

10th Stewart 6

11th T Kurtz 5

12th keleher 5

13th Douglas 3

14th Thomson 2

15th Z Cook 2

16th B Cook 1

3  rounds gone 2 to go and a reminder that round 4 on Wednesday and round 5 on Saturday are both being streamed live(link to follow) - see OP for times.

Leaderboard after 3 rounds

1st Fricke 48

2nd C Holder  45

3rd  Tungate 41

4th J Holder 31

5th= B Kurtz 29

5th= Masters 29

7th Lidsey 28

8th Morris 26

9th Stewart 23

10th Douglas 19

11th T Kurtz 17

12th Sedgemen 14

13th B Cook 12

14th Keleher 11

15th Thomson 8

16th Z Cook 6

If anyone has a blank 16 rider 20 heat score chart- this should be the draw(from Albury Wodonga  speedway facebook page)

1 Ben Cook
2 Zane Keleher
3 Kye Thomsom
4 Jordan Stewart
5 Rohan Tungate
6 Ryan Douglas
7 Jack Holder
8 Chris Holder
9 Nick Morris
10 Todd Kurtz
11 Brady Kurtz
12 Justin Sedgmen
13 Max Fricke
14 Zach Cook
15 Sam Masters
16 Jaimon Lidsey

Tungate only 11 at Undera, no extra point because he fell in the final. The rule was changed a couple of years ago so that a rider had to finish the final to record any extra points

Me too, and link australian speedway championships posted on FB doesn't work at all.