British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hamish McRaker

Adam Roynon

Is the bionic man finally finished with riding or will he be making another comeback? If so, would any club hand him a team place?

Edited by Hamish McRaker

ahh , the forgotten man of speedway . 

it was good to see adam during his time @ wucky . when he was having his good spell he was a joy to watch.  -but he got dropped when having a poor run one season . then we got a superb replacement in sarj . the rest is h18tory . i couldnt bare to watch him . he was funny tho . to break or not to break ? 

good luck adam in whatever you do next . 

Edited by jenga

I remember him guesting for Lakeside. He fell and dislocated his shoulder . He still went out I his next race, in a lot of pain to crawl round at about 20m.p.h. To collect third place in a three rider race to collect the single point that gave Lakeside the narrow win. Considering the amount of pain he was in, and the fact that he wasn't even a Lakeside rider, just a guest, it was one of the most courageous rides I have ever seen. He would have been quite justified in withdrawing from the meeting. 

If ever a rider deserved more success, Adam did. 

Best wishes for the future Adam.

• Like 9

I hope not ive said many times that IMO Adam would if been in the GPs with Tai if he had stayed fit i thought he was that good.. can definately atill dona job at this level 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Is the bionic man finally finished with riding or will he be making another comeback? If so, would any club hand him a team place?

If you were British Speedway's Insurance Company, what premium would you charge for Adam Roynon's Accident and Illness insurance? Would he even be insurable knowing that a claim is almost inevitable?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

If you were British Speedway's Insurance Company, what premium would you charge for Adam Roynon's Accident and Illness insurance? Would he even be insurable knowing that a claim is almost inevitable?

The charge is the same as everyone else, you really can be a crock without the r at times.

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

i think that applies to all speedway riders , dunnit ?

4 hours ago, phillipsr said:

I hope not ive said many times that IMO Adam would if been in the GPs with Tai if he had stayed fit i thought he was that good.. can definately atill dona job at this level 

When he rode for Birmingham in 2009, he was obviously headed for the top: he was faster than Jason Lyons, and not many could say that. But then he was injured ... I hope that he has decided to retire now.

5 hours ago, phillipsr said:

I think someone`s been at the Christmas sherry early.:blink:

He'd of definitely made the GP's without injury and with the right backing. One of the most naturally gifted riders I've seen in a long time! (since Michael Lee scored an 18 point maximum at the age of 16, in his debut  season and on his first ever visit to Perry Barr......unbelievable!)

• Haha 1