British Speedway Forum
Tigerforever

Play off contenders

With most teams completed who do you think will be the 4 play off teams next season?

Sheffield

Somerset

Edinburgh

Redcar

thats my 4 and in that order.

14 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I know who the bottom 2 will be ??? : ))))))))))))))))))))))

WHAT , has that been leaked already ?

you never can tell who is going to finish where . it has been mentioned many times before  that workington done the treble with an un fancied team that the pundits gave no hope . but with a rookie @ reserve and a team of 6 point men cleaned up the major team silverware .

sheff were tipped last year to do well and finished bottom and ended up spoon whittlers ! 

• Like 5

Sheffield

Leicester

Somerset

Glasgow /Redcar/Edinburgh

ya got 6 choices there dot58 .i would bin Glasgow and Redcar ,  stick wid Edinbra !

• Like 1

Still a few teams left to be completed but the four standout teams so far:

Edinbrugh 

Leicester

Sheffield

Somerset.

So...

Definite play-off teams
Somerset - Best looking team in the league, will be hard to beat IMO
Sheffield - Strong again, won't be touched at home and will compete for top-spot

Play-off contenders
Glasgow - Obviously strong, but look weak-ish at the bottom end
Redcar - Love our top three and we will get some points on the road, and Stewart Bacon and Smith are very exciting prospects
Leicester - They could be the dark horses for me, look a good team
Workington - Always strong at home, and can't be written off - but hard to see a repeat of the title

Missing out
Eastbourne - If Lawson and Kennett are confirmed, they will be hard to beat at home
Edinburgh - Not too impressed, they might struggle early on, but like always with a good promotion they will make changes
Scunthorpe - Not a bad team, but not sure strength is there to challenge play-offs - List in top-five is a bit of an ask

Bottom dwellers
Berwick -  Might push higher but still not too strong and don't see how they can challenge the better teams
Newcastle - Poor team, unless last signing is Nicki Pederson - although I can see them making early changes which could make big difference
Birmingham - Built to a budget, can see it being a bit of a struggle first season back 

Edited by RedcarRacer
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

So...

Definite play-off teams
Somerset - Best looking team in the league, will be hard to beat IMO
Sheffield - Strong again, won't be touched at home and will compete for top-spot

Play-off contenders
Glasgow - Obviously strong, but look weak-ish at the bottom end
Redcar - Love our top three and we will get some points on the road, and Stewart Bacon and Smith are very exciting prospects
Leicester - They could be the dark horses for me, look a good team
Workington - Always strong at home, and can't be written off - but hard to see a repeat of the title

Missing out
Eastbourne - If Lawson and Kennett are confirmed, they will be hard to beat at home
Edinburgh - Not too impressed, they might struggle early on, but like always with a good promotion they will make changes
Scunthorpe - Not a bad team, but not sure strength is there to challenge play-offs - List in top-five is a bit of an ask

Bottom dwellers
Berwick -  Might push higher but still not too strong and don't see how they can challenge the better teams
Newcastle - Poor team, unless last signing is Nicki Pederson - although I can see them making early changes which could make big difference
Birmingham - Built to a budget, can see it being a bit of a struggle first season back 

Can’t argue with any of that! Good assessment.

Sheffield 

Leicester

Berwick

Eastbourne (based upon rumoured signings)

Sheffield are the stand out team but otherwise its pretty tight.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

15 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Sheffield 

Leicester

Berwick

Eastbourne (based upon rumoured signings)

Sheffield are the stand out team but otherwise its pretty tight.

were they the stand out team in 2018 as well ?  ended up spoon makers !

• Like 1