British Speedway Forum
Tigerforever

Play off contenders

Sheffield 

Somerset

edinburgh

Workington

I think that my team Redcar will have a long tail unless Jordan Stewart ups his game by 100 %

• Haha 1

Eastbourne

Somerset

Sheffield

Edinburgh

Alot of teams could well be in the mix.

Think if Eastbourne get there heatleaders spot on theyl b team 2 beat good home advantage with lower order cant see anyone winning there,and top end will carry them away.

Edited by Paddy The Rebel

9 hours ago, jenga said:

were they the stand out team in 2018 as well ?  ended up spoon makers !

Not too sure about that but they were fancied.....And Workington were only thought decent ! 

Now that the Eastbourne team is announced I think they could be top 4 contenders. 3 good heat leaders & they will be very strong at home. 

Somerset

Sheffield

Edinburgh 

Berwick

Think Berwick have a solid look about them and possibly the strongest 2 reserves in the league

Redcar for me have a long tail and the top 3 arent in my eyes true number ones but we will see.

• Like 1

Sheffield

Eastbourne

Edinburgh

Redcar

Don't think there is a real stand out team, they all have strong points but question marks over other areas. With the exception of Birmingham I think you could make a case for any of the other sides to reach the top 4 which should make for a very interesting season.

Lots of questions marks..… Much will depend on how the new Aussies perform, how well the upcoming national league lads adapt and whether last years injured riders return to their previous best.... and IF you can have an injury free season.  All those questions apply to my team Scunny, but I see every team having its own set of worries and expectations.  

Struggling to make any kind of prediction, however, I do like the look of Somerset, with perhaps Sheffield, Eastbourne and Leicester making up the top four. As previous posters have said, I don't think there is out and out favourite this year, this makes next season wide open, exciting and one I look forward to.

Sheffield look the stand out team to me, I think Drew Kemp is going to put some points on his average.

If Drew Kemp has only one meeting at reserve and then goes into the main body of the team then he may struggle.Hope he doesn't for our sake.Danny King needs to come back strong from injury.zaine needs to hit the ground running and we need Broc to get his bikes sorted.If that happens we have a good side. It looks exciting on paper but we need to do it on track.

3 hours ago, eric i said:

Sheffield look the stand out team to me, I think Drew Kemp is going to put some points on his average.

no doubt about it . only needs 1 more meeting and he has already increased his average . good prospect tho .

Sheffield - look good on paper but so they did last season. Andersen, Nicol and Kennedy have to live up to the hype.

Leicester - very solid top four who should score home and away. Add on Mountain starting at reserve is a bonus but even if Perks drops they have a strong reserve. 

Somerset - granted i'm biased but I fully believe that is the best top 5 in the league. Reserves are the question, though Atkins does know the track. 

Redcar - very strong top 3 and massive potential at reserve. Can't see many teams beating them at home. 

Edinurgh - Wells is a good no. 1, Lawson a strong reserve and Pickering, Heeps and Andersson are solid enough. What Sedgmen will do is the big question? 

Eastbourne - As much as they will be strong at home with the lack of experience in the lower end, they may struggle away. 

Glasgow - people may be surprised but I really don't rate this team. Poor lower end may be helped slightly by Vissing, Jensen and Starke at home but I fear away may be a one man team, Cook. 

Workington - Very strong at home tbh and probably an exciting team at Derwent Park. However MacDonald being a British novice and Lambert being in the main body, I can't see an attsck on the play- offs. 

Scunthorpe - no omph in the team tbh. It's an ok looking team but doesn't make me feel any confidence in it. List starting in the main body is intriguing decision as Bailey isn't good enough to make the top 5.

Berwick - same as Scunny really. Has no x- factor to the team. 

Newcastle - poor team imo but at the same time it probably has the biggest potential given that every single rider can improve their averages, I just don't expect them to do it. 

Brummies - sadly the speedway club that I am closest to, even though i'm a Rebel, looks a poor side as clearly they are trying to re make an asset list. Wajtknecht and Shanes are very good signings though. 

• Like 2

thats a good assumption of all the  championship teams ....... . agree with all of that post........  roll on March or id it April when the season starts .

Merry Christmas to all . hope  your teams have a good 2019 and no mishaps . love to you all   :drink:

Edited by jenga

8 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

Sheffield - look good on paper but so they did last season. Andersen, Nicol and Kennedy have to live up to the hype.

Leicester - very solid top four who should score home and away. Add on Mountain starting at reserve is a bonus but even if Perks drops they have a strong reserve. 

Somerset - granted i'm biased but I fully believe that is the best top 5 in the league. Reserves are the question, though Atkins does know the track. 

Redcar - very strong top 3 and massive potential at reserve. Can't see many teams beating them at home. 

Edinurgh - Wells is a good no. 1, Lawson a strong reserve and Pickering, Heeps and Andersson are solid enough. What Sedgmen will do is the big question? 

Eastbourne - As much as they will be strong at home with the lack of experience in the lower end, they may struggle away. 

Glasgow - people may be surprised but I really don't rate this team. Poor lower end may be helped slightly by Vissing, Jensen and Starke at home but I fear away may be a one man team, Cook. 

Workington - Very strong at home tbh and probably an exciting team at Derwent Park. However MacDonald being a British novice and Lambert being in the main body, I can't see an attsck on the play- offs. 

Scunthorpe - no omph in the team tbh. It's an ok looking team but doesn't make me feel any confidence in it. List starting in the main body is intriguing decision as Bailey isn't good enough to make the top 5.

Berwick - same as Scunny really. Has no x- factor to the team. 

Newcastle - poor team imo but at the same time it probably has the biggest potential given that every single rider can improve their averages, I just don't expect them to do it. 

Brummies - sadly the speedway club that I am closest to, even though i'm a Rebel, looks a poor side as clearly they are trying to re make an asset list. Wajtknecht and Shanes are very good signings though. 

Pretty good assessment i would say and i make Somerset favourites

I do however see Berwick doing really well i dont know why just a hunch

Looks a very interesting League a lot close matched Teams Imo.As long a they just get on with it a not have the usual end of season log jam with fixtures.K.O.Cup  and  Shield fixture should be completed and out the way long before Play offs unlike previous seasons.Wont hold my breath though.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all supporters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Pretty good assessment i would say and i make Somerset favourites

I do however see Berwick doing really well i dont know why just a hunch

Hope you're right