British Speedway Forum

who do you rekon  will be the next  team to .....leave  the premier league  part way  through the season

in the next  year  or  two..

Ipswich.  They won’t close mid season but this will be a one year disaster. Top clubs not releasing riders as per Hackney in 87. Poole Ipswich Berwick and Wimbledon in 91. And the one big league in 95/6 and Leicester in the last few seasons. 

Self interest by the top clubs is nothing new but the group is getting even smaller and without buster bailing them out with the purchase of two clubs it isn’t going to be long before the league is unsustainable.  

The championship has the blend right and the sooner we return the better. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Ipswich.  They won’t close mid season but this will be a one year disaster. Top clubs not releasing riders as per Hackney in 87. Poole Ipswich Berwick and Wimbledon in 91. And the one big league in 95/6 and Leicester in the last few seasons. 

Self interest by the top clubs is nothing new but the group is getting even smaller and without buster bailing them out with the purchase of two clubs it isn’t going to be long before the league is unsustainable.  

What nonsense that "top clubs" ain't releasing their rider's. Leicester and Somerset have left the league so theirs 14 rider's that had to move clubs.

There were plenty of options and Peterborough have done a cracking job in getting rider's in. No doubt with Ipswich, their budget would be the similar to Peterborough's also so questions have to be asked of Louis not being able to get deals over the line.

Ipswich have 1 good rider in Allen signed at the moment. I do fear for you though that you'll go old school and end up with Nicholls and Kennett too alongside King.

15 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Agree 100%       Every time the 'big league' gets in trouble, they lure clubs who were running successfully 'up' and put them to the sword.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What nonsense that "top clubs" ain't releasing their rider's. Leicester and Somerset have left the league so theirs 14 rider's that had to move clubs.

There were plenty of options and Peterborough have done a cracking job in getting rider's in. No doubt with Ipswich, their budget would be the similar to Peterborough's also so questions have to be asked of Louis not being able to get deals over the line.

Ipswich have 1 good rider in Allen signed at the moment. I do fear for you though that you'll go old school and end up with Nicholls and Kennett too alongside King.

I think you will find Peterborough will have new owners very soon and they have chosen the team rather than have a budget set by buster. 

Your point about 14 riders contains only two top heat leaders and the rest are championship riders. 

Seeing as Lynn have two number ones in lambert and iversen why don’t you let Ipswich have one so we can both have a decent number one ??? I’m sure you can see it’s in the best interests of both clubs.   

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I think you will find Peterborough will have new owners very soon and they have chosen the team rather than have a budget set by buster. 

Your point about 14 riders contains only two top heat leaders and the rest are championship riders. 

Seeing as Lynn have two number ones in lambert and iversen why don’t you let Ipswich have one so we can both have a decent number one ??? I’m sure you can see it’s in the best interests of both clubs.   

Because it's not really King's Lynn's choice. If the rider's don't want to go to Ipswich, it would be very wrong to force the issue and make rider's be where they don't want to. 

Still, as King's Lynn have no rider announcements, maybe Iversen is at Ipswich. Nobody knows as yet do they?

28 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Agree 100%       Every time the 'big league' gets in trouble, they lure clubs who were running successfully 'up' and put them to the sword.

So you don't think Chris Louis has Ipswich's interests at heart after all the years his family have been involved with the club? 

No we don’t know.  But I’m certain you will have both riders. You would think nicholls would be a witch but he has stated he fully expects to start the campaign without a premiership place. 

Hampel isn’t interested and I’d imagine pedersen Hancock zagar and all the top poles are not interested or price themselves out. 

I can see Lawson being a witch. Smolinski was thought to be a target but nothing has happened yet. 

Tungate is a asset who struggles to get round Ipswich and burnt his bridges with Chris Louis. Kildermand is also not interested and holder has no visa    So you can see why we are concerned here in Suffolk 

7 minutes ago, Trees said:

So you don't think Chris Louis has Ipswich's interests at heart after all the years his family have been involved with the club? 

He is now a employee of buster.  He will do his best with the budget that buster has set. I believe he was wholly frustrated at the agm as he had listened to the fans who wanted more fixtures and regular weekly racing. And then when that was ignored he thought how can I run my business with just 15 paydays.  And he simply had enough. Just my opinion. 

I would like to thank Chris and John for all they have done for the club. All good things must end. And we have had a great 30 years under their control 

• Like 4

Similar to other years where Belle Vue are the only team releasing heat leaders. 

Bigger picture and all that guys  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ouch said:

Similar to other years where Belle Vue are the only team releasing heat leaders. 

Bigger picture and all that guys  

If only that were true.....Tungate and Cook weren’t theirs to release

Matt Ford also generously releases riders he doesn’t want 

Edited by Wee Eck
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

If only that were true.....Tungate and Cook weren’t theirs to release

Matt Ford also generously releases riders he doesn’t want 

An excellent misunderstanding of the workings of UK speedway, BSF style. 

13 minutes ago, ouch said:

An excellent misunderstanding of the workings of UK speedway, BSF style. 

Tell me more. My understanding is that, if you have loaned a rider,  you have first call but only if the team holding his registration doesn’t have other plans. But that doesn’t either force you to use them or actively release them.

Under these circumstances you are not really releasing them, are you? Do you think Poole “released” Chris Harris, who’s not on their retained list, because of the “bigger picture” or because they didn’t want him?

5 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Tell me more. My understanding is that, if you have loaned a rider,  you have first call but only if the team holding his registration doesn’t have other plans. But that doesn’t either force you to use them or actively release them.

Under these circumstances you are not really releasing them, are you? Do you think Poole “released” Chris Harris, who’s not on their retained list, because of the “bigger picture” or because they didn’t want him?

The fact you’re comparing Harris, signed for the last few months of the season and an eight year Ace in Cook says it all. Well done. 

15 minutes ago, ouch said:

The fact you’re comparing Harris, signed for the last few months of the season and an eight year Ace in Cook says it all. Well done. 

The fact that you can’t justify your accusation that I don’t understand how things work says even more. 

To make it easier, what about Jason Doyle - in Swindon’s retained this - being “released” by Leicester after three full seasons?

Let’s face it, Cook and Tungate weren’t released because of any “bigger picture”. The BV management chose, solely for the sake of BV, not to re-sign these two riders. You need to ask the BV management how big their picture was

• Like 1