British Speedway Forum

It’s assumed Cook was released because of wage demands or cost cutting, and his public spat over it gives it some backing.

Cook wasn’t released for the good of other clubs that’s for sure.

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

The fact that you can’t justify your accusation that I don’t understand how things work says even more. 

To make it easier, what about Jason Doyle - in Swindon’s retained this - being “released” by Leicester after three full seasons?

Let’s face it, Cook and Tungate weren’t released because of any “bigger picture”. The BV management chose, solely for the sake of BV, not to re-sign these two riders. You need to ask the BV management how big their picture was

I did, that’s why I posted what I did. 

31 minutes ago, ouch said:

I did, that’s why I posted what I did. 

You are rather a rude person, aren’t you? I’m trying to have a serious conversion correcting your misunderstanding of the BV management’s decision making process, particularly that the only “bigger picture” in not re-hiring Cook and Tungate was for the benefit of BV, exactly what they should be doing, and you seem to think that they and they alone have the good of the whole of British Speedway in mind when they make team building decisions. 

More fool them if that was the case. But, of course, it’s not. 

As I said before, you should ask them why they did it as you won’t believe me or probably anyone else. 

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

You are rather a rude person, aren’t you? I’m trying to have a serious conversion correcting your misunderstanding of the BV management’s decision making process, particularly that the only “bigger picture” in not re-hiring Cook and Tungate was for the benefit of BV, exactly what they should be doing, and you seem to think that they and they alone have the good of the whole of British Speedway in mind when they make team building decisions. 

More fool them if that was the case. But, of course, it’s not. 

As I said before, you should ask them why they did it as you won’t believe me or probably anyone else. 

I did, that’s why I posted what I did.

What did Mark and Adrian tell you?

1 hour ago, ouch said:

I did, that’s why I posted what I did.

What did Mark and Adrian tell you?

That both riders were out regardless of what the AGM decided. At least one of them was telling other people in October that he wouldn’t be in the 2019 team

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hmm  interesting....im rekon it will be a team ,... like has happened  previously,   that are  "squeezed" into the top league  to make the numbers up

rye house  being  the last  example ......when they and their situation and race nights  do not  suit  them...  ipswitch???

26 minutes ago, capone said:

hmm  interesting....im rekon it will be a team ,... like has happened  previously,   that are  "squeezed" into the top league  to make the numbers up

rye house  being  the last  example ......when they and their situation and race nights  do not  suit  them...  ipswitch???

Since when did Thursday not suit Ipswich?

Also the situation of being back un the top league in itself is not a problem either

The 1 question mark is what Busters budget will allow and whether this takes advantage of the many positives of the Ipswich move or not.....

Even if not then I dont see it there being a significant enough position to cause a Rye type scenario

On 12/25/2018 at 4:01 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Since when did Thursday not suit Ipswich?

Also the situation of being back un the top league in itself is not a problem either

The 1 question mark is what Busters budget will allow and whether this takes advantage of the many positives of the Ipswich move or not.....

Even if not then I dont see it there being a significant enough position to cause a Rye type scenario

i did say  their  situation....  not  spefically  a  race  night,,,but  all  situations  change  ..could be  lack of  fans...=  lack of  money

i dont  want  to see   them or  any team drop out  either......before  rye house..... brummies did  the  same

On 12/23/2018 at 10:12 AM, crescent girl said:

Agree 100%       Every time the 'big league' gets in trouble, they lure clubs who were running successfully 'up' and put them to the sword.

Completely agree though sometimes the clubs that do that are their own worst enemies. As soon as BMR took over at Rye when Len Silver was more or less hounded out by the supporters. I was castigated at the time for being unhappy. But why on earth would a club like Rye House move out of the division where they had a reasonable amount of success to a league offering fewer meetings and moving from a weekend race night to midweek. Yes they were lured there by TV exposure for their brand but completely disregarded their fans base and the negativity shown over Wednesday night racing. The demise of Rye House was down to the Owners guiding the club not the BSPA

• Like 2