British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2019 Predictions

6 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

In fairness its pointless making predictions now because the teams will be looking very different in a couple of months . 

And in Peterboroughs case much much sooner than that.

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

The past few seasons in the championship Ipswich have been heavily fancied on paper at the start of the season and it’s done us no favours mentally whatsoever and we’ve been wrecked by injuries year after year

looking at our team this year we’ve got a team full of racers that have been written off by most already as wooden spoon candidates....I don’t mind the underdog tag one bit and think several of our team members will thrive off of that tag too, so in a small league of just 7 teams I see no reason why we can’t cause some upsets along the way and make the playoffs! 

Either way having watched the Leicester challenge last night I’m looking forward to watching this team week in week out!

up the witches!

• Like 1

We will defo get better as the season goes on,,,, but could be a bit ropey early season. Shame peanuts wasn't there last night, cos I heard he was pretty awful p and p day. Pleased to see cam fit and looking fast. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

We will defo get better as the season goes on,,,, but could be a bit ropey early season. Shame peanuts wasn't there last night, cos I heard he was pretty awful p and p day. Pleased to see cam fit and looking fast. 

I wasn’t at the p&p but dad said his mate went up and KP looked proper quick....I guess we’ll find out next week! Agree would’ve been good for him tho

22 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Stevebrum you reacted with laughs last yeah when i had you second bottom and guess what you finished exactly there so we will see. 

In fairness its pointless making predictions now because the teams will be looking very different in a couple of months . 

You are the only one that sees things way differently to you. That’s why I put the emoji that I did. On paper one of the strongest sides this year and haven’t seen one other prediction that thinks Wolves will be bottom.

We are only making predictions on what we see at the start of the year, irregardless of how pointless this is.

FWIW my pick would be.

1. Wolves. Very solid with plenty of riders on bargain averages. Jacob (when fit) and Nick both started last season as number ones, now find themselves 3rd and 4th in the averages. Howarth had an injury wrecked 2018 and will easily add a point to that starting average. Ash Morris really improved at both levels last year including a spell in the main team. Now starts as lowest averaged rider.  

Key riders for me are Kyle and Becker. If Becker lives up to half his promise I can’t see this team having any weak links at all.

2. Swindon. Strongest top 3 on paper and average. Will always be in with a chance at the tail end of meetings. Doyle is just class and whilst his other heat leaders can blow hot or cold at times I still see them as a huge danger.  Ellis is a strong second string and i# getting better every year. Make that a strong top 4.

Key riders are Lampart and Zach. Think Zach will add well in reserve. Definetly improved last year and good to see him progressing nicely. Lampart seems an odd signing but perhaps Rosco knows more than the rest.

3. Belle Vue. Again on paper very solid. Can see Fricke becoming dominant at number one. Kenny will have the odd stinker but should be solid otherwise. Every rider like Wolves have improvement in them. Remains to be seen if Worrall can start 2019 the way he did 2018. If so I’d have to make them top favourites. Dan Bewley is a real talent. Ricky is a good solid middle order rider. You will a good 5-8 points from him week in week out.

Key riders. The fitness of  Bewley remains to be seen but should be superb come end of season. Lidsey, much like Becker, comes  with huge expectations. Can see the NSS being a fortress.

4. Poole. Still no real leader but another solid looking line up. A decent top 2 whilst Klindt was massively rejuvenated at Poole last season. Needs to be solid all season. Josh is promising a much better season (see this weeks SS) whilst Richie should do a good job too. Both reserves look solid in that department.

Key rider. Grajczkonek.

5. Kings Lynn. Lambert is a complete class act. Thank god we have the pleasure of watching him again this season. Then it’s a real struggle to see who will step up to the plate to support him. Proctor did a decent job and has always been a decent top flight rider. Riss I really rate but is he going to step up to the plate and step away from the comfort of the number 2 berth and Lambert partnership? Jorgensen and Kerr have done little to show they can step up yet.

Key riders.Toft and Kerr. 

6. Peterborough. Would have been top 4 if they hadn’t have got rid of Cook. I’m basing my assumption that Gomolski is replacing Cook but would have to think again If it’s NKI! Hans is still a decent rider but not a great number one. Tungate has a high average due to his home form at the NSS. Can’t see any improvement there. Lower end looks solid but one of them needs to step up if the Panthers are to be in the hunt.

Key rider. BW Dean.

7. Ipswich. On paper look the bottom side with no real leader. Difficult to drum up many positives I’m afraid! Lower end looks more hopeful than the top end.

Key rider. Jake Allen.

Top 3 look well clear of the rest. Poole stand a fair bit above the bottom 3.

FWIW.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Play-offs - Wolves; Swindon; Poole; Belle Vue.

Thanks for turning up and looking smart in your kevlars: - Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Ipswich:D;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A predictable laughing emoji from the only person who thinks Wolves will be bottom. 

ProudtobeaBrummie, the gift that keeps on giving. :t:

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Play-offs - Wolves; Swindon; Poole; Belle Vue.

Thanks for turning up and looking smart in your kevlars: - Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Ipswich:D;)

Although your post included an   emoji,  it does nothing to hide the meaning of it . Instead of making jive remarks about the effort the  work and money that has obviously  gone into the presentation of each of those clubs, you should be complimenting them for  trying to make this sport look more professional.

When making you predictions you ought to remember, had it not been for Buster there would not be a Premiership league  for your cheaply attired riders to compete in 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Although your post included an   emoji,  it does nothing to hide the meaning of it . Instead of making jive remarks about the effort the  work and money that has obviously  gone into the presentation of each of those clubs, you should be complimenting them for  trying to make this sport look more professional.

When making you predictions you ought to remember, had it not been for Buster there would not be a Premiership league  for your cheaply attired riders to compete in 

I fear that unless the tracks are prepared for racing and not follow the leader, then this season could well be the last as we know it. 

• Like 1

It’s a bit like chucking a toddler in the canal, then when you fish him out you get hailed as a lifesaver.

Unbelievable. 

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

Hardly cheaply attired - all riders will have kevlars (same cost as team ones) but with matching race jackets - as they did last season when winning the title.  Maybe if the Stars hadn't nicked Poole's club colours, things may have been different?! :rofl:

BTW all clubs agreed to Buster's request as BSPA Chairman to work to their own budgets to at least break even in 2019, to ensure that there would be a Premiership in 2020. Every club has its own (very different) income and expenditure potential.

Edited by Skidder1

10 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Hardly cheaply attired - all riders will have kevlars (same cost as team ones) but with matching race jackets - as they did last season when winning the title.  Maybe if the Stars hadn't nicked Poole's club colours, things may have been different?! :rofl:

BTW all clubs agreed to Buster's request as BSPA Chairman to work to their own budgets to at least break even in 2019, to ensure that there would be a Premiership in 2020. Every club has its own (very different) income and expenditure potential.

Buster is trying to keep the Prem alive. At least he is trying, and the Stars look smart ;)

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 10:00 PM, stevebrum said:

A predictable laughing emoji from the only person who thinks Wolves will be bottom. 

ProudtobeaBrummie, the gift that keeps on giving. :t:

Its all about opinions just because other people disagree does not mean i am right or wrong no one agreed last year and i was right and you was wrong .

If its true Jacob is back in two weeks i would have you finishing a couple of places higher .

On 3/30/2019 at 9:31 PM, Bald Bloke said:

he is trying,

Spot on! Buster Chapman is very trying and at times it's impossible to put up with his chosen direction for UK speedway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Its all about opinions just because other people disagree does not mean i am right or wrong no one agreed last year and i was right and you was wrong .

If its true Jacob is back in two weeks i would have you finishing a couple of places higher .

Indeed it is about opinions. No one else so far shares your opinion that Wolves are a basement side.

Looking forward to you gloating at the end of the season or not this time.