British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2019 Predictions

Hope im wrong as i want to see the young Brits improve but Shanes & Waj at Swindon are starting a bit behind many of the other reserves so will have to really step up if Swindon are to mount a serious challenge (but if they do the Robins look a force) likewise the reserves at Wolves. At the other end barring Lambert & Kerr Kings Lynn basically have a team full of 7th rated riders as i would put Kasper Andersen bottom of the pile too. 

1 hour ago, Col said:

Kings Lynn, Ipswich and one other to miss out on the playoffs.

If no changes were allowed during the season I’d agree with you, but I’d be hugely surprised if both Lynn and Ipswich finish the season with the team they started with. 

Both clubs will most likely have more scope than others for positive changes once new averages kick in. Then its a case of catch up and 4th place will do, then once there it’s game on. 

Seen it happen so many times before in both leagues. 

Lynn for example, could bring in Iversen mid season for a reserve and then its a whole new ball game. A few big away wins and you’re back in the mix. 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Hope im wrong as i want to see the young Brits improve but Shanes & Waj at Swindon are starting a bit behind many of the other reserves so will have to really step up if Swindon are to mount a serious challenge (but if they do the Robins look a force) likewise the reserves at Wolves. At the other end barring Lambert & Kerr Kings Lynn basically have a team full of 7th rated riders as i would put Kasper Andersen bottom of the pile too. 

I actually think our reserves can surprise, i have always been a fan of Zach and i expect him to put at least a point on his average.Shanes i believe will be a huge favourite with the fans and looking at the other reserves he will hold his own.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Quite surprised you think the Wolves reserves are weak. Imo it's our strongest reserve pairing for a fair few years

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Quite surprised you think the Wolves reserves are weak. Imo it's our strongest reserve pairing for a fair few years

In all fairness it probably is. I also highly rate Ash Morris and Becker could turn out to be a real trump card but when compared to partnerships of Bjerre/Barker, Covatti/NBJ Allen/Heeps etc the Wolves pairing doesn't look so potent. I still think there is improvement in both riders but it will be hard for them both.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

If no changes were allowed during the season I’d agree with you, but I’d be hugely surprised if both Lynn and Ipswich finish the season with the team they started with. 

Well I can't make predictions based on team changes that may or may not occur, can I.

• Like 1

Ipswich will not be 2nd bottom, even with harris’s Christmas belly ,these guys will hold there own home and away time wil tell ,go the witches

4 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Ipswich will not be 2nd bottom, even with harris’s Christmas belly ,these guys will hold there own home and away time wil tell ,go the witches

I admire your optimism Spidy

Personally if we manage 4th I would be surprised and delighted

Just hoping we are solid at home and get some great racing. For me that will be success this year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

now all teams are announced I think they look evenly matched maybe kings lynn a little bit suspect so top four for me Swindon   wolves    belle vue    and poole  we shall see

• Like 1

Well the bookies predict Poole as red hot favourites at 9-4.

They have Ipswich as wooden spoon candidates at 20-1

I think this is the 11th year they have had Poole favs at season starts

1 hour ago, rjsj9803 said:

Which bookies ?

Skybet have full listings

2 hours ago, rjsj9803 said:

I wouldn't say red hot, not with Bet 365 anyway.But are favourites , with BV a close 2nd. Swindon and Wolves seem good value to me.

Poole 2/1 or (3.00) decimal

BV 5/2 or ( 3.50)

Wolves 5/1 (6.00)

P/Boro 13/2 (7.50)

Swindon 13/2 (7.50)

Lynn 14/1 (15.00)

Ippo 20/1 (21.00)

Edited by Bald Bloke

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wouldn't say red hot, not with Bet 365 anyway.But are favourites , with BV a close 2nd. Swindon and Wolves seem good value to me.

Poole 2/1 or (3.00) decimal

BV 5/2 or ( 3.50)

Wolves 5/1 (6.00)

P/Boro 13/2 (7.50)

Swindon 13/2 (7.50)

Lynn 14/1 (15.00)

Ippo 20/1 (21.00)

With Buster owning 3 teams and the potential shenanigans that could go on, 14/1 for King's Lynn is by far the best bet available. 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:54 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

In all fairness it probably is. I also highly rate Ash Morris and Becker could turn out to be a real trump card but when compared to partnerships of Bjerre/Barker, Covatti/NBJ Allen/Heeps etc the Wolves pairing doesn't look so potent. I still think there is improvement in both riders but it will be hard for them both.

I think Wolves/ Swindon reserves could surprise this year Becker will have a prolonged run at reserve and if he can get dialled in at home he could do ok .Morris is very handy at  reserve his strength is his gating and to be honest he was not disgraced in the top 5 last year.Swindon fingers crossed Zach who i rate and i think he is capable of adding a point on his average this year.James he will be great to watch and i believe he can hold his own.