British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2019 Predictions

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Don't see Ipswich finishing anything other than last or one but last, but it's all about opinions. 

I don't either. Will be a good battle between the Witches and the Stars at the wrong end of the table. But the league isn't won in March/April. One clever signing can change things as we all know.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:40 AM, Baldyman said:

Don't see Ipswich finishing anything other than last or one but last, but it's all about opinions. 

Time will tell my bald friends , roll on April 

• Like 1

Not a real attractive product on offer this year and the strongest looking teams are a shadow of previous years but this is what we have as the.power of the few decide for the masses we need this so called top level instead of variety and affordable teams for all tracks to put on an attractive product for new and old and weekly racing and more opportunities for British riders to progress.

Any way not being biased I honestly see Wolverhampton looking the strongest at the moment with a top four all capable of big scores and potential growth in the other three.

Belle Vue look a bit off balance but much will depend on how Bjerre goes away and if Dan can get back from injury and thanks to Rybnik that looks a certainty.  In Lidsey they have a time bomb waiting to explode so they could be up there .

Poole will always be up there challenge for the top and have a solid line up with potential and Swindon look strong but very top heavy reliant and could be inconsistent.

Kings Lynn not impressed with and Ipswich look weak while Peterborough could be unbeatable at home but away maybe they will do well at NSS but not sure anywhere else.

Wolves, Swindon, Belle Vue and Poole clear top four and in the play offs where anything can happen then

19 hours ago, T.N.T. said:

Wolves, Swindon, Belle Vue and Poole clear top four and in the play offs where anything can happen then

Whatever would that result say about Buster?   Owning 3 teams out of 7 and not one in the top 4.  :rofl:

I think the Panthers will be his saviour, finishing in the top 4 ,     but who win the PO  is a sheer lottery..... 

On 2/11/2019 at 7:33 AM, g13webb said:

Whatever would that result say about Buster?   Owning 3 teams out of 7 and not one in the top 4.  :rofl:

I think the Panthers will be his saviour, finishing in the top 4 ,     but who win the PO  is a sheer lottery..... 

Like him or loathe him, without him owning three teams there would be no Play Offs to get into because there would be no Premiership.

Whether that would be a good thing or not is up for debate. Probably no surprise though that a man spreading his money three ways hasn’t produced a particularly fancied team - not that that necessarily means anything anyway.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:16 AM, Bagpuss said:

Like him or loathe him, without him owning three teams there would be no Play Offs to get into because there would be no Premiership.

Whether that would be a good thing or not is up for debate. Probably no surprise though that a man spreading his money three ways hasn’t produced a particularly fancied team - not that that necessarily means anything anyway.

We would be better without a Premiership and have all clubs running at one level that is achievable by all so the level would be Championship at best and would increase the number of British NL riders in the league.

All tracks should vote if they wanted a Premiership but they don't get that option so Buster and one other have taken control regardless of what the others want or even get a say in it

Well I think all the premiership teams are fair and even and by first bsa average shuffle ,any 7 stand a chance,it’s just some typical British supporters ,never happy and love to whinge and complain, stay at home and eat ya muffins and drink ya hot beer,as I have said before go the witches!

• Like 1

Belle Vue

Poole 

Peterborough

Wolves

Swindon

Ipswich

Kings Lynn

• Like 3

Aces

Stars

Witches

Pirates

Panthers

Robins

Wolves

No 1  HL Max Friske Rob Lambert Chris Harris Jack Holder Craig Cook Jason Doyle Sam Masters
preferrence 3 2 6 7 4 1 5
No 2  HL Dan Bewley Ty Procter Danny King JosGrajczonk HanAndersen TroyBatchelor Rory Schlein
preferrence 3 7 5 6 2 1 4
No 3  HL Kenneth Bjerre Erik Riss Krz Pieszczek Brady Kurtz Ronan Tungate Tob Musielak Jacob Thorsell
preferrence 3 7 4 6 1 5 2
No4  S/S Stev Worrall T Jorgensen Richard Lawson Nicolai Klindt B W D Adam Ellis Nick Morris
preferrence 3 6 5 2 7 4 1
No 5 S/S Ricky Wells MPT David Bellego Richie Worell Charles Wright David Lampart Kyle Howarth
preferrence 5 7 6 2 1 4 3
No 6  Res Dimitri Berge  Lewis kerr Jake Allen Nico Covatti Lasse Bjerre Zach Wajknec Luke Becker
preferrence 4 5 2 1 3 6 7
No 7  Res Jaimon Lidsey  Kas Andersen Cameron Heeps  Busk Jacobsen Ben Barker James Shane Ash Morris
preferrence 7 5 4 1 3 2 6
 Totals  28 39 32 25 21 23

It’s raining outside, the wife gone shopping, with an hour or so to kill, my thought turned to speedway and the coming year in the Premiership.     I have always tried to be realistic and show an illustration of my thoughts on how the team compare.  In the table above I have placed all the riders in the starting position of their respective teams and made comparisons with each of the opposite numbers.  I have given the best rider 1 and placed them in order, the worse getting 7.    At the end of the placements, I have then totalled all teams to get their final score,   the lowest being the best and again the highest being the worse..      

Results show, the Panthers are top, followed closely by Swindon and Poole with Wolves and Belle Vue contesting that last play-off place.  Both Ipswich and Stars are well adrift.

Studying the table illustrate the different ways the teams have been made up.   Some prefer to go with being top heavy, others, like Poole, have gone for strong reserves.   Belle Vue have gone for a solid 1 to 6, all they need is for Lidsey to come on good and they will be in prime position. 

Although both Ipswich and the Stars are some way short of the rest, all they need is another TOP rider to bring them into the frame.   For example bring in Niels at 2, would in affect push everyone down a place, when the comparisons would fair better...

Hope you enjoyed the illustration.......

• Like 2

It’s raining outside, the wife gone shopping, with an hour or so to kill, my thought turned to speedway and the coming year in the Premiership.     I have always tried to be realistic and show an illustration of my thoughts on how the team compare.  In the table above I have placed all the riders in the starting position of their respective teams and made comparisons with each of the opposite numbers.  I have given the best rider 1 and placed them in order, the worse getting 7.    At the end of the placements, I have then totalled all teams to get their final score,   the lowest being the best and again the highest being the worse..      

Results show, the Panthers are top, followed closely by Swindon and Poole with Wolves and Belle Vue contesting that last play-off place.  Both Ipswich and Stars are well adrift.

Studying the table illustrate the different ways the teams have been made up.   Some prefer to go with being top heavy, others, like Poole, have gone for strong reserves.   Belle Vue have gone for a solid 1 to 6, all they need is for Lidsey to come on good and they will be in prime position. 

Although both Ipswich and the Stars are some way short of the rest, all they need is another TOP rider to bring them into the frame.   For example bring in Niels at 2, would in affect push everyone down a place, when the comparisons would fair better...

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Some really interesting views there the four riders that  i think  could make or break a teams fortunes are Morris- Holder-Kurtz- Lidsey and the four riders i think could be vulnerable are Proctor- Wells- Barker- K.Andersen.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Do you really think Wolves have by far the worst reserve pairing? Ash Morris spent a chunk of last season as a second string and still had a higher average than the likes of James Shames. Luke Becker is something of an unknown quantity but I have a feeling he will be better than you suggest.

The other ones that stand out like a sore thumb are Lidsey, is he really going to be the worst rider in the league!!!  And James Shanes the second best no 7, really?

Edited by Call me wolfie