British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
number6

Speedway In Australia

6 hours ago, number6 said:

I am off to Brisbane for a couple of weeks mid Feb. Is there any speedway on locally does anyone know? 

There's a speedway track at North Brisbane (near the airport) which is mainly/exclusively a training track, and I don't see any meetings listed in February. That's about 1 mile from Northgate railway station.

There's also a speedway track at Ipswich - the town itself 30 miles from Brisbane and on the City Rail network - but the venue is actually at the Ipswich Motor Park which is another 5 or 6 miles further out in the countryside. The Australian U21 Championship is being held there on 19 January, but I don't see any meetings listed in February.

Archerfield in the southern suburbs of Brisbane has formerly held speedway meetings, but I think is now exclusively Speedcars.

I believe there's still some sort of junior track at Labrador in the Gold Coast about 50 miles from Brisbane, but I've not seen any meetings there for a long time.

I think Rockhampton also runs some solo meetings, but that's nearly 400 miles north of Brisbane.