British Speedway Forum
steve roberts

London Speedway DVD

Just received for Xmas the 'London Speedway DVD'.

Tremendous nostalgia with plenty of action from the 'Rebels' days of both Oxford and White City.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Tremendous nostalgia with plenty of action from the 'Rebels' days of both Oxford and White City.

I got socksĀ :cry:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Many thanks, Steve, glad you enjoyed it. I think many potential customers are probably a little put off when they read in the advert blurb that we've used cine footage but I hope you agree that the quality - considering it's more than 40+ years-old in many cases - is really quite good.

Of course, it helps that in those days riders were much more easily extinguished by their personalised leathers rather than the team suits they were today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tmc said:

Many thanks, Steve, glad you enjoyed it. I think many potential customers are probably a little put off when they read in the advert blurb that we've used cine footage but I hope you agree that the quality - considering it's more than 40+ years-old in many cases - is really quite good.

Of course, it helps that in those days riders were much more easily extinguished by their personalised leathers rather than the team suits they were today.

Tony is there any chance of a 'Memories of Oxford Speedway' DVD in the near future?

I have most of the 'Memories of' collection but an Oxford edition would be very much appeciated!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tmc said:

not sure if it's what you deal with but have you seen the cine film for sale on ebay ? 1950's aub lawson , jack parker & vic duggan .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Tony is there any chance of a 'Memories of Oxford Speedway' DVD in the near future?

I have most of the 'Memories of' collection but an Oxford edition would be very much appeciated!

It's possible we will put it togetherĀ - we certainly have enough footage, including lots of home and away cine from the Rebels days of 1974-75.

I had thought of combining the footage from 1974-78 and producing a REBELS (Oxford/White City) package but can see how a separate 'Oxford Memories' would appeal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tmc said:

It's possible we will put it togetherĀ - we certainly have enough footage, including lots of home and away cine from the Rebels days of 1974-75.

I had thought of combining the footage from 1974-78 and producing a REBELS (Oxford/White City) package but can see how a separate 'Oxford Memories' would appeal.

Either would be great speaking personally but I can see an Oxford DVD would perhaps have a wider appeal?

• Like 1