British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

NL Cup draw 2019

On 12/30/2018 at 11:36 AM, Dickie Head said:

My understanding is that the idea of a live draw was put forward at the NL AGM by Barry Bishop following the success of similar live draws for his club events. Unfortunately the actual draw came across as rather hap-hazard, however a step forward with plenty of learnings for next time.

Jason pipe taking somebody elses idea and making it look amateuristic , now theres a surprise !

• Haha 1

Hi Guys

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Draw for the NDL KOC. Yes I agree, it should have been much better than it came across and believe me, it won’t happen like that again! I can only apologise to those that weren’t happy with the draw. 

It was something that hadn’t been done before and there was teething problems and light quality problems. At the last minute I was told we could only go on air live for 2 mins, which totally threw a Spanner in the works and I mean last minute!

I had just done a 10 minute interview with Redcar Promoter and an ex rider of this league, Jitendra Duffill, which many may of enjoyed listening to and some not. That interview was meant to go out just before the live draw and it was timed so that it would, but then with only having 2 mins in the end, it was only the draw itself that was shown live, which was a shame really. This really needs looking in to for next year and WILL be done more professionally. I was left embarrassed with the way it came across, but at least the draw was seen live. A lot of room for an improvement next year! 

I except all feedback, whether it’s positive or negative. We can’t improve on things if we don’t listen and take on board the negative comments as well. I will be in attendance regular at all the NDL tracks this coming season and I’m very happy to listen to feedback regarding this league, whether it’s from Fans, Riders, Promoters, Sponsors etc. If you see me next season, come and say hello and give me your thoughts and suggestions on this league. I know I’m never going to please everyone,  but I hope to please the Majority! 

Best Wishes to you and which ever team you Support in 2019 and let’s hope it’s a good season ahead. 

Best Regards 

Jason Pipe 

NDL CO-ORDINATOR 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 1/8/2019 at 6:44 AM, boroboy25471 said:

Hi Guys

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Draw for the NDL KOC. Yes I agree, it should have been much better than it came across and believe me, it won’t happen like that again! I can only apologise to those that weren’t happy with the draw. 

It was something that hadn’t been done before and there was teething problems and light quality problems. At the last minute I was told we could only go on air live for 2 mins, which totally threw a Spanner in the works and I mean last minute!

I had just done a 10 minute interview with Redcar Promoter and an ex rider of this league, Jitendra Duffill, which many may of enjoyed listening to and some not. That interview was meant to go out just before the live draw and it was timed so that it would, but then with only having 2 mins in the end, it was only the draw itself that was shown live, which was a shame really. This really needs looking in to for next year and WILL be done more professionally. I was left embarrassed with the way it came across, but at least the draw was seen live. A lot of room for an improvement next year! 

I except all feedback, whether it’s positive or negative. We can’t improve on things if we don’t listen and take on board the negative comments as well. I will be in attendance regular at all the NDL tracks this coming season and I’m very happy to listen to feedback regarding this league, whether it’s from Fans, Riders, Promoters, Sponsors etc. If you see me next season, come and say hello and give me your thoughts and suggestions on this league. I know I’m never going to please everyone,  but I hope to please the Majority! 

Best Wishes to you and which ever team you Support in 2019 and let’s hope it’s a good season ahead. 

Best Regards 

Jason Pipe 

NDL CO-ORDINATOR 

Well done Jason. Great idea. A bit more planning might have eradicated some problems. Suggest you have a couple of trial runs during the season in private to help get a smoother production for next year. At least we had a transparent draw in public, onwards and upwards for next year.

Maybe try table tennis balls with numbers on next time instead of paper and show the numbers to the camera as they come out!

On 1/8/2019 at 6:44 AM, boroboy25471 said:

I had just done a 10 minute interview with Redcar Promoter and an ex rider of this league, Jitendra Duffill, which many may of enjoyed listening to and some not.

I except all feedback, whether it’s positive or negative.

It makes the sport look unprofessional when a paid administrator is allowed to put out a statement with schoolboy spelling and grammatical mistakes.    Can't the SCB run to a spellchecker?

Would the administrator of the F.A. put out a football statement riddled with errors?

I know some will say this is only a forum, so making lots of spelling mistakes is unimportant, but it's a forum which can be read by all  (including sponsors). 

If Jason Pipe is just posting as himself, then that's not quite so bad, but when he's signing the post as "NL Co-ordinator", then it should be more professional.

Edited by WalterPlinge
  • Like 1