British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Wembley Memories

I see that there is a 1961 Tom Farndon Memorial Trophy speedway programme currently on eBay for the next 7-days with a starting price of £5.99

Edited by Robbie B

39 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

I see that there is a 1961 Tom Fardon Memorial Trophy speedway programme currently on eBay for the next 7-days with a starting price of £5.99

Not sure why this is under Wembley, but I remember that meeting well. Won by Jack Young who showed how he must have been 10 years earlier when he was arguably the greatest rider in the world. Still got my programme.

The last era of New Cross progs are worth about £2 tops. They must have printed loads at the time.

On 21 April 2019 at 3:53 PM, Robbie B said:

I see that there is a 1961 Tom Fardon Memorial Trophy speedway programme currently on eBay for the next 7-days with a starting price of £5.99

Who's Tom Fardon?

On 4 January 2019 at 2:13 AM, martinmauger said:

I realised the topic was about Wembley, where Ivan rode many times of course with much success, but saw the above post and so decided to comment on the first page I happened to view.  Having built and maintained my own websites in the past I probably appreciate more than most the (much) time & work which goes into them, which I admit are the main reasons I don't bother anymore.  Glad the info I viewed has been ammended and as I said, it's still a great site and one to regularly dip into from time to time....

. . . or even amended ;)

15 minutes ago, norbold said:

Is Tom Farndon the same as Tom Fardon though?

I think so, in the same way Colin Goody is the same rider as Colin Gooddy or Mike Broadbank and Mike Broadbanks are the same rider

On 4/22/2019 at 4:34 PM, iris123 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Farndon

Maybe he posted it here because the highlight of Farndons short career was winning the Star Trophy At Wembley in 1933...,,

It was a pure mistake on my part I thought I clicked onthe New Cross memories page and did not that it was the Wembely one.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 6:40 AM, cityrebel said:

The last era of New Cross progs are worth about £2 tops. They must have printed loads at the time.

Programmes like all other things in life have a value - what that value is wholly depends on what someone is willing to pay for an item e.g. 45,000 Cardiff GP programmes from say 2010 they may not have an high value but is no-one is willing to sell their copy then anyone wishing to sell theirs will receive an higher price than it is worth just for the fact that it may be the only copy of this programme for sale and someone wants a copy of their own.

• Like 1

Apart from the league meetings in the short-lived revival I saw every meeting held at Wembley between 1965 and 1981. Great times they were too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, customhouseregular said:

Apart from the league meetings in the short-lived revival I saw every meeting held at Wembley between 1965 and 1981. Great times they were too.

You got me beat there, but I went to the World Finals in 69, 78, and 81, the 66 European Final, and the WTC Final in 70.

The old Wembley really had such a magical feel to it... :cry:

Steve

• Like 1