British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Wembley Memories

9 minutes ago, gustix said:

I also meant to ask you what Link Ivan Mauger and his family have in regard to a thread dealing with WEMBLEY? Perhaps you should read and understand thread titles?  Note - we are dealing with Wembley Memories in this thread. Just get with it! I suggest you create a new thread to debate the matters you seem so concerned about.

It's a forum for discussion - every thread i have ever seen here has deviated at various points and gets back to it's original intention soon enough if enough people want to talk about it.  As we've seen from a fair few of your created threads recently, you're talking to yourself for large swathes of them.

It ain't your forum, so perhaps you should "just get with it!" as you put it.

Perhaps you should also read about and understand rudeness, because it's what seems to be creeping back into your posts here.  You seemed to chill out for a while, but i've noticed since before Christmas you're back to your old tricks again, trying to boss people around and slagging off the mods.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gustix said:

I also meant to ask you what Link Ivan Mauger and his family have in regard to a thread dealing with WEMBLEY? Perhaps you should read and understand thread titles?  Note - we are dealing with Wembley Memories in this thread. Just get with it! I suggest you create a new thread to debate the matters you seem so concerned about.

I would just like to jump in ahead of Doug and say that a comment like that does seem strange coming from a person who has caused a number of issues on here because of that very fact. Who can forget his attempts to turn the BSF into the BFTF?

Steve

PS If you don't remember the discussions, please don't ask; it is a l-o-n-g story!

• Like 2

I have promised I would keep out of all Johns usual rubbish.So for the moment I am keeping out of it all.Just to say,right at the start an ‘ok thanks for that,I will tell the webmaster’,would have sufficed.But we know how John works

Nuff said

Just now, iris123 said:

I have promised I would keep out of all Johns usual rubbish.So for the moment I am keeping out of it all.Just to say,right at the start an ‘ok thanks for that,I will tell the webmaster’,would have sufficed.But we know how John works

Nuff said

I figured you would be following this closely...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chunky said:

I would just like to jump in ahead of Doug and say that a comment like that does seem strange coming from a person who has caused a number of issues on here because of that very fact. Who can forget his attempts to turn the BSF into the BFTF?

Steve

PS If you don't remember the discussions, please don't ask; it is a l-o-n-g story!

Offhand I don't recall what the BFTF alludes to. As most Posters appear to be taking me to task for (a) a website over which I have no control - Speedway Museum Online (b) for creating more than one thread in regard to some London tracks and now (c) whatever BFTF means - please clarify.

May I add if some on here knew the background to how the Speedway Museum Online came to be created they just might be more tolerant in regard to it and its foundation. 

6 minutes ago, gustix said:

Offhand I don't recall what the BFTF alludes to. As most Posters appear to be taking me to task for (a) a website over which I have no control - Speedway Museum Online (b) for creating more than one thread in regard to some London tracks and now (c) whatever BFTF means - please clarify.

May I add if some on here knew the background to how the Speedway Museum Online came to be created they just might be more tolerant in regard to it and its foundation. 

No one is taking you to task at all.  They are noticing things and replying on the thread.  That doesn't mean they are asking for you to act.  

Regarding you last point, you could probably say the same for each home-made website; the creator is a fan of whatever activity, not a full time job maintaining, etc etc..  my message to anyone, and i mean anyone, including myself who has done a few sites in my time, don't create a site without planning, and realising that it either needs to be right, or prepare to be critiqued in ways you might not like. I certainly wouldn't be tolerant to anyone trying to cut corners.

16 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Well, Trevor "Readman" seems to have been changed to Trevor "Redman".....    Still doesn't seem to have any connection to the Wembley promoter Trevor Redmond though.

The Moderator of 'that forum' has now made the needed correction.

4 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Good news.   Julie, Kym and Debbie are now described as Ivan's children.   So at least Kym has regained his male status.     Ivan however is still alive until April 2019.

Meanwhile over the the  "Tracks who is name starts with B"   :blink: page, it appears that the Belle Vue Aces rode in the "Amateur League" in 1997 and haven''t been seen since.   The Belle Vue Colts rode in the Elite league in 1997, The National League in 2011 and MDL in 2012...but haven't been seen since either.  The National Speedway Stadium doesn't exist.

The Moderator of 'that forum' has now made the needed correction in regard to the late Ivan Mauger's death.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Meanwhile over the the  "Tracks who is name starts with B"   :blink: page, it appears that the Belle Vue Aces rode in the "Amateur League" in 1997 and haven''t been seen since.   The Belle Vue Colts rode in the Elite league in 1997, The National League in 2011 and MDL in 2012...but haven't been seen since either.  The National Speedway Stadium doesn't exist.

Refer the problem to contact the webmaster:

http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/welcome.html

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Meanwhile, you can find Wembley under the section of "Tracks Who Is Name Starts With W"  on the self-same grammatically mangled excuse of a so-called website which we are discussing in this thread.

In fact every letter of the Alphabet has the same "Who's/Whose" cock-up on this error-strewn  Stanley Unwin-esque excuse for a website that you embarassingly seem so keen to promote.

The SMO Moderator advises that the needed change has been made in http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/tracks.html

38 minutes ago, gustix said:

The SMO Moderator advises that the needed change has been made in http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/tracks.html

8 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

You're one of the mods aren't you ?  Or at least one of your old pseudonyms 

No I am not a Mod on Speedway Museum Online. So far as I am aware there is only one person - a lady - running the website. What made you think I was one of the SMO Mods? I have however contributed a couple of items that appear on the website.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I meant the moderator on the proboards forum link you shared a few pages back ?

That is correct. But the Proboards forum merely carries the same items (hopefully!) that appear on the main Speedway Museum Online website. And everything that appears on the original website is automatically updated on the Proboards forum because they carry the actual link to the original website. There is also a similar item appearing on Facebook - again with auto generated updates.

Edited by Guest

On 1/1/2019 at 7:19 PM, gustix said:

The Speedway Museum Online moderator has advised me that  she has made recommended corrections in regard to the Wembley item which has created much debate on here. If further essential corrections are needed to the item, written by Robert Rogers, please advise on here or contact SMO direct.

http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/wembley lions 1956 - 1983.html

I realised the topic was about Wembley, where Ivan rode many times of course with much success, but saw the above post and so decided to comment on the first page I happened to view.  Having built and maintained my own websites in the past I probably appreciate more than most the (much) time & work which goes into them, which I admit are the main reasons I don't bother anymore.  Glad the info I viewed has been ammended and as I said, it's still a great site and one to regularly dip into from time to time....