British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pleasureboy60

1983 junior league.

Please could anyone provide me with any information with reference to the fixtures for the 1983 Central Junior league.

From what i understand Coventry withdrew partway through the 1983 season and Peterborough took over the remaining fixtures. Which fixtures these were is not very clear and i would really appreciate any information to update my records.

Speedway Star w/e 3rd September states "Coventry have been beset by injury problems and have requested the postponement of all their fixtures for the next two to three weeks. Hopefully they will be able to rearrange them all before the end of the season, but if not, it is likely that Peterborough will take over their matches."

Coventry raced 6 matches before their withdrawal:

16/04 Coventry 12  Sheffield 6

25/04 Birmingham 12 Coventry 6

14/05 Coventry 8 Swindon 10

11/06 Coventry 8 Long Eaton 10

25/06 Coventry 12 Birmingham 6

05/08 Swindon 15 Coventry 2

I don't have dates for these unfortunately but the Peterborough fixtures were:

Long Eaton 8 Peterborough 10

Stoke 12 Peterborough 6

Leicester 11 Peterborough 7

Sheffield 10 Peterborough 8

Peterborough 9 Leicester 9

Peterborough 12 Stoke 6

Peterborough v Halifax and Halifax v Peterborough were not raced.

On 1/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, pleasureboy60 said:

Please could anyone provide me with any information with reference to the fixtures for the 1983 Central Junior league.

From what i understand Coventry withdrew partway through the 1983 season and Peterborough took over the remaining fixtures. Which fixtures these were is not very clear and i would really appreciate any information to update my records.

Have you ever actually see a league table for the 1983 CJL as I can't find one.

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Have you ever actually see a league table for the 1983 CJL as I can't find one.

Speedway Star w/e December 3rd 1983 published a C.J.L. season review with league table, score grid and averages.

PM me with your email address if you would like a scan of it.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:55 PM, daveallan81 said:

Speedway Star w/e December 3rd 1983 published a C.J.L. season review with league table, score grid and averages.

Thanks for the info and offer mate,  I've got the Speedway Stars tucked away in the loft, so I'll have a look next week.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:55 PM, daveallan81 said:

Just been up to the loft and found the magazine first time of asking, thanks once again for your help.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Just been up to the loft and found the magazine first time of asking, thanks once again for your help.

No problem. Note that the Halifax v Birmingham match, shown as 9-9, should read 9-8.

• Like 1