British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Moderators: are you there?

It seems as if a few threads have been taken over (more than is normally the case) by contributirs whose sole aim is to wind-up and throw personal abuse around. Its become ridiculous. Are you going to take some decisive action??

• Like 5

One of your interests is "arguing"

Surely the threads to which you refer are meat and drink to you ;)

The solution is mind blowingly simple.....

you know some threads are not to your taste, so  don't read them :)

giving the "contributors" to such threads publicity just massages their egos, ignore them and they might just disappear.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

giving the "contributors" to such threads publicity just massages their egos, ignore them and they might just disappear.

Problem with that is " They " just follow you ,to whatever thread you choose . start slinging opersonal abuse and when they get some back try to be the victim .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

There are some topics that I ignore and, yes, I just pass over the continual 'points scoring' that some contributors appear to partake in but it does get somewhat tedious and childish in nature. As Adonis comments what I do find particularly tiresome are those who appear to continually feel the need to 'troll' certain posters and throw in the occasional abusive comment.

Also those who think that they are always right and find it difficult to accept another person's view without having to throw ridcule into the 'debate'.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

This must be one of the few forums I use where mods are just non-existent, not even under the radar, just nowhere to be found. Considering the way the forum used to be 10 years ago it's crazy.

• Like 4

On 3 January 2019 at 10:10 AM, Big Al said:

It seems as if a few threads have been taken over (more than is normally the case) by contributirs whose sole aim is to wind-up and throw personal abuse around. Its become ridiculous. Are you going to take some decisive action??

You have a report facility on each post. If you don't like something that has been said you can always report it. No good moaning about the mods if you don't use the report facility they have given you.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

You have a report facility on each post. If you don't like something that has been said you can always report it. No good moaning about the mods if you don't use the report facility they have given you.

I've done that in the distant past...and wasn't acknowledged.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:48 AM, Midland Red said:

One of your interests is "arguing"

Surely the threads to which you refer are meat and drink to you ;)

Arguing requires skill and intelligence!!

2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Yes but it would take me all day

On 1/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, Star Lady said:

It's just a bit sad really, dragging down the sport

Just a simple explanation would be suffice on the reasoning of some topics that have been locked etc.

No real need for third party moderation...

It should just be self moderating by the 'normal' people on here..

If trolls take over a thread then no one quote their posts or rise up and reply to them..

Keyboard warriors are often socially inept misfits, whose only recognition of their own pitiful very existence comes via responses gleaned on forums full of people they will never meet. With them getting some kind of kicks to offset their often shallow soulless, friendless lives...

There are only a few prats on here anyway so not difficult to pin point them, even if a 'multi', as they always use the same M.O. 

So after a few posts of a 'newbie' it is self evident who they really are/have been..

Don't give them the oxygen of acknowledgement and they will soon get really peed off as the debates carry on around them...

Really. Really. Peed off I would imagine...:D

;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, E I Addio said:

I find that the problem is not necessarily anything terrible that has been said. It's the fact that so many threads, particularly in the Premiership section, just descend into absolute drivel.  Caused by the usual trolls, and those who can't help but respond to their every post, even though they must know by now what the outcome will be.  

I used to enjoy reading through the forum and keeping in touch with things but these days find that, too often, it's just tedious garbage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

No real need for third party moderation...

It should just be self moderating by the 'normal' people on here..

If trolls take over a thread then no one quote their posts or rise up and reply to them..

Agree. We are all adults so shouldn't need to be moderated. The problem is the usual posters rising to the bait and replying to posts obviously designed to get them to respond. If only they wouldn't a lot of the rubbish would disappear but it would seem they  are intent on trying to have the last word so the pathetic posts carry on.

• Like 3