British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andout

SCB Today

Helmet Colour change for the 2019 season. All British League fixtures will now include the Yellow Helmet Colour replacing the previous Yellow/Black.

AND:

The Speedway Control Bureau would like to make riders aware that from the 2020 season the FIM will make compulsory rev limiter for 500cc motorcycles.

The official FIM ruling is as follows:

REV LIMITER

All 250cc engines shall incorporate an ignition system with rev limiter. Such rev limiters must remain unmodified as delivered by the manufacturer, (including all modifications of the standard voltage).

The rev limiter shall restrict the engine maximum rotational speed to 13,500 RPM. The rev limiter is also recommended for 500cc engines (mandatory as from 2020). It is recommended to use soft-cut rev limiters. The hard rev-limit must be set to 13,500 RPM. A soft limiter is recommended before the hard limiter.

Great! :rolleyes:

Any particular shade of yellow?  Hi-Viz yellow perhaps, or a gentler shade of dandelion? Lemon Yellow maybe? 

Take your pick, which would you prefer?

73207ba4351f8a675d02f4c474f1ce9f.jpg

I dare anone to tell the difference between Banana Yellow and White on a wet muddy day after a few heats of use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Speaking of SCB, is 'SCB' still a member of the forum?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Speaking of SCB, is 'SCB' still a member of the forum?

I somehow doubt he'll post on here again, even after his release.

Edited by lucifer sam

10 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

I somehow doubt he'll post on here again, even after his release.

Oh dear, I didn't know he was doing porridge! 

4 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

Oh dear, I didn't know he was doing porridge! 

You must be the only one that didn't know! Lol

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Any particular shade of yellow?  Hi-Viz yellow perhaps, or a gentler shade of dandelion? Lemon Yellow maybe? 

I dare anone to tell the difference between Banana Yellow and White on a wet muddy day after a few heats of use.

Depending what kind of wash they put it on I suspect we will see riders wearing every shade on your chart by the end of the season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

You must be the only one that didn't know! Lol

I lead a sheltered life! Is it discussed anywhere on the forum?

4 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

I lead a sheltered life! Is it discussed anywhere on the forum?

It’s in the General Discussion section under the heading ‘Where is SCB’..you will have to search to about Page 7.

22 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Same as what they use in Poland, Sweden, Denmark etc!!  Just coming into line..........!!

14 hours ago, scottyfan said:

It’s in the General Discussion section under the heading ‘Where is SCB’..you will have to search to about Page 7.

Now caught up, thank you. I am shocked. I thought he was a lot younger, but then the years roll by. I remember members ribbing him about him being a university student. He always had a good input of speedway chat. 

i used to use a Middlesbro FC site and one member in Kent went to his wife's workplace and slaughtered her with a knife. You just don't know. Just for the record i have 6 points on my licence but that's it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

i used to use a Middlesbro FC site and one member in Kent went to his wife's workplace and slaughtered her with a knife. You just don't know. Just for the record i have 6 points on my licence but that's it.

6 points! Surely that's worth a forum ban? :o

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

6 points! Surely that's worth a forum ban? :o

....or a night with SCB. :o :P

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, scottyfan said:

rubbish not sure how I missed that at the time, how long did he get?