British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brianbuck

Rev Limiters

9 hours ago, f-s-p said:

A good video yes. Radio controlled car industry is full of vids like that, just that with a 100+ manufacturers they all have a commercial agenda. Basically what Ash just said is what he wrote 2 years ago.

How would Ash's video benefit him? He has said rev limiters would cut rider's costs. Unless you have evidence to say he'll get more work because they'll be more damaging to engine's (which they won't be).

I wonder if the rev limiter could ever become a "smart" rev limiter, hooked up to a transponder whereby like in Formula E the fans can vote in extra revs for a rider of their choice for certain (safe-ish) parts of the track?

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

I wonder if the rev limiter could ever become a "smart" rev limiter, hooked up to a transponder whereby like in Formula E the fans can vote in extra revs for a rider of their choice for certain (safe-ish) parts of the track?

The considered opinion is that Rev Limiters only have any effect at the start.

Back in my days as a 17 year old owner of a Triumph Tiger Cub, we had a rev limiter! Only it was just called a throttle in those days! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nowadays, they are using electronics & programmes to use in motor sport for the perfect start.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, Gambo said:

The considered opinion is that Rev Limiters only have any effect at the start.

Back in my days as a 17 year old owner of a Triumph Tiger Cub, we had a rev limiter! Only it was just called a throttle in those days! 

Tiger Cubs had a big end that would disintegrate within a few seconds as a secondary rev limiter though :D

• Like 1

I lost track of speedway just at the time when Weslake and Jawa were the dominate engine and then came back to the sport when the lay down invasion had started.

Did Weslake just give up down at Rye or was it their commercial decision not to compete?

Whilst lay downs have made the sport quicker and maybe more spectacular the safety of the riders isn’t and the knock on effect has been the introduction of the air fence and loss of racing lines.

Its just as well that medical technology has kept aspace!