British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brianbuck

Rev Limiters

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

From what i am aware the major supplier of silencers across the UK are all marked and marketed as 2015 KING silencer. Even purchasing one this season will see it stamped 2015 so are you saying that everyone is being slightly tucked up and after the 2020 everyone will need to replace everything they own? 

Not really sure, but...

is that the homologation stamp or manufacturing year?

16 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Not really sure, but...

is that the homologation stamp or manufacturing year?

Below are the list of homogenisation numbers i can find. Unless i am reading them wrong most relate to 2015. I also can't recall seeing a manufacture year stamped onto any silencer (however i will confess its been a while since ive looked closely and the heat shields do hide a lot of the markings so will probably have to defer to someone more knowing?

DEP T10 FIM TRS 2015D

DEPT15 Free Flow FIM 26 AY 15

King “2015” FIM 071 Y 15

MOTAD FIM 091 T46

POLDEM 2 FIM 06 BP 78

REMUS V4 FIM 10 CT15

REMUS V7 FIM11 V15 

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Below are the list of homogenisation numbers i can find. Unless i am reading them wrong most relate to 2015. I also can't recall seeing a manufacture year stamped onto any silencer (however i will confess its been a while since ive looked closely and the heat shields do hide a lot of the markings so will probably have to defer to someone more knowing?

DEP T10 FIM TRS 2015D

DEPT15 Free Flow FIM 26 AY 15

King “2015” FIM 071 Y 15

MOTAD FIM 091 T46

POLDEM 2 FIM 06 BP 78

REMUS V4 FIM 10 CT15

REMUS V7 FIM11 V15 

Those are homologation stamps. And I believe Motad is no longer valid as the manufacturer withdrew the product after being granted the stamp. Will look into this myself later on...

• Thanks 1

Well there’s one with 2019 stamped on it at Tampere Finland so I’ll stick with my story. :lol:

• Thanks 1