British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andout

2019 SoN Draw

17 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Possibly because this year you must have 3 riders- the reserve must be U21 I`m struggling to name 2 let alone 3 !!!!

On reflection, so am I.

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I USED to sit around during CCP meetings and one of the few things that kept me awake was the horse-trading that went on ... which riders went where, which event went where and so on

Never been there and most likely never will, but having followed the stuff for long enough I bet it’s plain ugly.

No doubt declaring the highest scoring pair after 42 heats the winners, will prove to be too sensible an idea and the final will once again finish with the two novelty races.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:40 PM, Terry said:

No doubt declaring the highest scoring pair after 42 heats the winners, will prove to be too sensible an idea and the final will once again finish with the two novelty races.

The new regulations are:-

If the Grand Final heat 44 ends in a 3-3 then there will be a Run off with one rider from each nation nominated by the team manager to race off for the SoN world championship.

Thank the Lord for some common sense. Last year's result was a joke.

Heats 1-42 are technically just qualifiers for the Final.

2nd and 3rd placed teams (After 42 Heats) race off in Heat 43 to see who faces 1st placed team in Heat 44 for the Title.

If Heat 43 is a draw (3-3) riders finishing 2nd and 3rd go through to the Final.

4 hours ago, Gambo said:

The new regulations are:-

If the Grand Final heat 44 ends in a 3-3 then there will be a Run off with one rider from each nation nominated by the team manager to race off for the SoN world championship.

4 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Thank the Lord for some common sense. Last year's result was a joke.

Where is the common sense in a pairs/team event being decided by an individual run off?

• Like 1

much better would be that the pair who have scored the most points through the meeting win. so one team will go to the final knowing they need a heat advantage to win.

still, this is an improvement on last time. and if it goes to a run off we wont be able to blame woffy for not team riding in that...

With 2 months to go it’s announced that the U21 reserve has to take atleast one ride.

EDIT: sorry, 3 months as its in the rules dated Feb 5th.

Edited by f-s-p

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Where is the common sense in a pairs/team event being decided by an individual run off?

Eventually the F.I.M will decree the World Team Cup / SON will consist of 1 rider per team along with an u21 reserve. Will do away with this nonsense of drawn heats in the last few novelty run offs and will include a field of 24 / 32 teams . Final to be held in Azerbaijan , on Christmas Day. 

14 hours ago, iwright71 said:

Eventually the F.I.M will decree the World Team Cup / SON will consist of 1 rider per team along with an u21 reserve. Will do away with this nonsense of drawn heats in the last few novelty run offs and will include a field of 24 / 32 teams . Final to be held in Azerbaijan , on Christmas Day. 

Probably be on PPV too ..

Tickets for Togliatti appear to be on sale - looks as if during April they are selling the 2 day tickets with freebies included. Looks as if general ticket sales begin in May. Best of luck if going and attempting to purchase tickets !! Looks as if both days of the final meetings start at 1900 local which is 4pm UK time.

What is the start time for the Belle Vue event on the 11th of May , the advert in the Star did not mention it!,

10 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

What is the start time for the Belle Vue event on the 11th of May , the advert in the Star did not mention it!,

Parade 18.45  1st race 19.04