British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andout

2019 SoN Draw

GB squad announced as Woffinden, Lambert, Cook, Bewley and Harris (on Facebook)

I think the three pick themselves personally. 

On 4/25/2019 at 12:45 PM, Mark said:

But didn't reach the final on home soil in 2018.

and only two individual World Champions

Edited by SPEEDY69

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No surprises there from Rosco at all.  I would have gone with S Worrall rather than Harris.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Correct 3 for GB. 

No Hancock? Novratil over Wells? Kostigovs over Puodzuks or Bogdanovs?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I hope Cook is happy with the GB race suits.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

No surprises there from Rosco at all.  I would have gone with S Worrall rather than Harris.

He hasn't had a good start to the season, the right riders have been selected.

10 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I hope Cook is happy with the GB race suits.

Can’t see him having to worry about that. 

RACE OFF 2 SQUADS AND LINE-UPS (IN DRAW ORDER):

AUSTRALIA: 1 Jason Doyle (captain), 2 Max Fricke, U21 Jaimon Lidsey. Also in squad: Chris Holder, Jordan Stewart (U21).

FINLAND: 1 Timo Lahti (captain), 2 Tero Aarnio, U21 Timi Salonen. Also in squad: Jesse Mustonen, Niklas Sayrio (U21).

LATVIA: 1 Andzejs Lebedevs (captain), 2 Jevgenijs Kostigovs, U21 Olegs Mihailovs.

DENMARK: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen (captain), 2 Leon Madsen, U21 Frederik Jakobsen. Also in squad: Michael Jepsen Jensen, Patrick Hansen (U21).

GREAT BRITAIN: 1 Tai Woffinden (captain), 2 Craig Cook, U21 Robert Lambert. Also in squad: Chris Harris, Daniel Bewley (U21).

FRANCE: 1 David Bellego (captain), 2 Dimitri Berge, U21 Gaetan Stella.

USA: 1 Austin Novratil, 2 Luke Becker (captain), U21 Broc Nicol. Also in squad: Ricky Wells.

2 hours ago, foamfence said:

He hasn't had a good start to the season, the right riders have been selected.

Two team meetings at Belle Vue and has got 8+2 and 9 doesn't seem too bad to me.

Harris' record there is not great and was only 9th in British Final there last year. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

19 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Two team meetings at Belle Vue and has got 8+2 and 9 doesn't seem too bad to me.

Harris' record there is not great and was only 9th in British Final there last year. 

Yes but Harris has the experience abroad and you have to stick with your squad throughout, anyway Harris isn't likely to ride in the Belle Vue round, it'll be Cook, Lambert and Woffinden.

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

Yes but Harris has the experience abroad and you have to stick with your squad throughout, anyway Harris isn't likely to ride in the Belle Vue round, it'll be Cook, Lambert and Woffinden.

Yeah the other squad member has to be about who would go better in Russia if needed. Harris has the experience and has had a decent start to the season and is a better bet there than Worrall. He’s still unlikely to ride though unless Tai or Cook get injured. 

• Like 1

Astonished that Cook is in rather than Bewley. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Yeah the other squad member has to be about who would go better in Russia if needed. Harris has the experience and has had a decent start to the season and is a better bet there than Worrall. He’s still unlikely to ride though unless Tai or Cook get injured. 

Disagree, Russia is about making starts - I'd have Worrall over Harris in that situation as well. Don't get me wrong I like him and would still support him but think Rosco has made the wrong call. ( only 3 points tonight at Wolves as well) 

I'd go with Bewley over Cookie , the experience would be massive for him for the future . Craig was out of his depth last year. When he's on form he can be a cracking  rider but not riding in the pl this year puts him below Bewley for me

• Like 3

Don't think it makes a huge difference whether it's Cook or Bewley tbh. They'll get the 1 ride against the USA in this round and that's it. When it comes to the final in Russia, Cook at least has the experience in Togliatti from when he qualified for the GPs. 

• Like 2