British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andout

2019 SoN Draw

3 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Walter said we saw 4320 last year - we didn't.

No.  You suggested 4-3-2-0  (not me).

I said that 4-3-2-0 would be unfair, as a team suffering an engine failure would be automatically eliminated  (The same problem that we saw last year).

I said this year's new rules are far more fairer.   (You don't even grasp that there are new rules this year).

You're not the girl from the pits are you? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WalterPlinge said:

No.  You suggested 4-3-2-0  (not me).

I said that 4-3-2-0 would be unfair, as a team suffering an engine failure would be automatically eliminated  (The same problem that we saw last year).

I said this year's new rules are far more fairer.   (You don't even grasp that there are new rules this year).

You're not the girl from the pits are you? 

This is what you wrote - only a few minutes ago, shouldn't be too hard to remember

''4-3-2-0 is a bigger nonsense.    We saw that last year"

• Confused 1

I found it very boring. I don’t like pairs competitions, and like them even less after that. I recorded it, like I do all televised speedway meetings, but like many others, this tonight was deleted straight after. Let’s see what Belle Vue throws up.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 4

Pretty good meeting in far from ideal conditions it was so bitterly cold tonight. At least the rain stayed away.

Would not have expected Sweden to win it, but Lindgren rode superbly and Ljung after a slow beginning did improve sufficiently during the meeting. Poland would still have won but for that last heat 3-3 against Germany, when local reserve Michael Härtel's single point against Patryk Dudek became the saviour for the German team and the match winner for Sweden. 

There was some decent racing on this track tonight, but the attendance was less than what it usually is for big meetings at this track, due to the uncertain and unpleasant weather conditions.

Edited by Bavarian
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Pretty good meeting in far from ideal conditions it was so bitterly cold tonight. At least the rain stayed away.

Would not have expected Sweden to win it, but must admit that Ljung inmproved during the meeting. Poland would still have won but for that last heat 3-3 against Germany, when local reserve Michael Härtel's single point against Patryk Dudek became the saviour for the German team and the match winner for Sweden. 

There was some decent racing on this track tonight, but the attendance was less than what it usually is for big meetings at this track, due to the uncertain and unpleasant weather conditions.

No idea how far away Stralsund and  Moorwinkelsdamm are from Landshut but i was a bit surprised that  meetings took place there today.

Edited by racers and royals

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No idea how far away Stralsund and  moorwinkelsdamm are from Landshut but i was a bit surprised that  meetings took place there today.

Moorwinkelsdam is the closer at 480 miles

Both Moorwinkelsdamm (near Oldenburg) and Stralsund (on the Baltic Coast) are in the North of Germany, and thus very far, about  700 to 800 km away from Landshut in Bavaria, which is in the deep south of Germany.

1 minute ago, Bavarian said:

Both Moorwinkelsdamm (near Oldenburg) and Stralsund (on the Baltic Coast) are in the North of Germany, and thus very far, about  700 to 800 km away from Landshut in Bavaria, which is in the deep south of Germany.

Fair enough- the German league it seems has stepped up a notch this season- both G Laguta and Nicki rode today and Milik and Holta in the week.

The pairs format just isn’t my cup of tea, not enough genuine team riding. Thought tonight’s meeting was reasonable, plenty of FTG but more passing than I expected. 

Love watching Milik when he’s on it, fantastic entertainment. Absolute balls of steel. 

• Like 1

The racing was OK but no affinity with any of those riders so didn't care who won. Prefer the world cup I think but looking forward more to the premiership coverage starting next week. 

This scoring system certainly didn't encourage team riding, maybe a system that gives a bonus point if they finish 1st/2nd or 2nd/3rd might so they actually have to look for one another in every race?

6 hours ago, Grand Central said:

I am actually wishing for Scott to retrun.

Woffinden saps the life out of you.

mistakes are so easy to make, have a look at your spelling

• Haha 1

Got to be honest this tournament doesn't really start until the Final. Last night there was one place to ride for behind the 2 big guns and in Manchester can't honestly see how GB, Australia and Denmark will not qualify. Really miss the old format World Cup race off. 2nd and 3rd in Events 1 and 2 with the top 2 going to the Final. Now that used to be some meeting, albeit sometimes skewed by the Joker rule. Can't see the World Cup coming  back on the calendar thou. It is testament to the support of British fans that so many tickets have been sold for Event 2 which on paper looks a formality baring a disaster for one of the big boys in the first of the play off races.  

1 hour ago, iwright71 said:

Got to be honest this tournament doesn't really start until the Final. Last night there was one place to ride for behind the 2 big guns and in Manchester can't honestly see how GB, Australia and Denmark will not qualify. Really miss the old format World Cup race off. 2nd and 3rd in Events 1 and 2 with the top 2 going to the Final. Now that used to be some meeting, albeit sometimes skewed by the Joker rule. Can't see the World Cup coming  back on the calendar thou. It is testament to the support of British fans that so many tickets have been sold for Event 2 which on paper looks a formality baring a disaster for one of the big boys in the first of the play off races.  

Could be something to do with the lack of international matches these days to actually support GB??  Bring back the test matches!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Fair enough- the German league it seems has stepped up a notch this season- both G Laguta and Nicki rode today and Milik and Holta in the week.

Kasprzak was also down to ride, but dropped out and was replaced by Pepe