British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andout

2019 SoN Draw

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

Don't think it makes a huge difference whether it's Cook or Bewley tbh. They'll get the 1 ride against the USA in this round and that's it. When it comes to the final in Russia, Cook at least has the experience in Togliatti from when he qualified for the GPs. 

I also thought about Cook qualifying from Togliatti.   He rode well to get a GP slot and gated which is very important on a rubbish track.   Bewley is going well at Belle Vue but not so good elsewhere.  he doesn't make gates.

• Like 1

I've only watched a few meetings but Togliatti could be a gaters paradise.  Between Cook and Bewley pick the best or most consistent gater of the pair which is Cook.   The track could make for some boring racing.  A long way to go to watch follow the leader.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bruno said:

I'd go with Bewley over Cookie , the experience would be massive for him for the future . Craig was out of his depth last year. When he's on form he can be a cracking  rider but not riding in the pl this year puts him below Bewley for me

And how did Cookie do in the GP QR at Togliatti||

Maybe a good time to remind everyone of some of the rules

Race Off 1 & 2 After the 21 qualification heats there will be 2 additional heats. Heat 22 (1st Knock-out heat) will consist of the team in 4th & 5th place. Heat 23 (Final Knock-out heat) will consist of the team in 3rd place and the winner of heat 22. The winner of heat 23 will join the 1st and 2nd placed teams in qualifying for the finals. Final 1 & 2 The Scores from Final day 1 will be added to the scores from Final day 2. (42 Heats) to determine 4th to 7th place in the 2019 SoN. Final 2 will consist of 2 extra heats, a Final Qualifier heat and a Grand Final heat to determine the top 3 of the 2019 SoN.

Heat 43 (Final Qualifier heat) will consist of the 2nd & 3rd placed teams from the 42 qualifying heats. The winning team of the Final Qualifier heat will join the top scoring team in heat 44 the Grand Final heat. The winning team of the Grand Final heat will become 2019 SoN champions. The losing team of the Grand Final heat will become 2019 SoN Runner up. The losing team of the Final Qualifier heat will become 2019 SoN Third Place.

The U21 Rider can replace his teammate at any time during the meeting. The U21 Rider must race in a minimum of 1 heat in each meeting, Final day 1 and Final day 2 will be classed as 2 meetings. If the U21 does not get nominated before the last programmed heat for his country he will automatically replace the rider in Red or White.

The Reserve Rider will not be permitted to take the place of any rider disqualified for starting offences. Any start warning given to riders in Final day 1 will not carry over to final day 2.

If the Grand Final heat 44 ends in a 3-3 then there will be a Run off with one rider from each nation nominated by the team manager to race off for the SoN world championsh

Edited by racers and royals

On 4/29/2019 at 2:22 PM, Noodles said:

I hope Cook is happy with the GB race suits.

Er, with coloured sponsor logos and a pay rate reflective of Team GB taking the spots on the bike and suit I’d say yes. 

Compromise is a wonderful thing. 

13 minutes ago, ouch said:

Er, with coloured sponsor logos and a pay rate reflective of Team GB taking the spots on the bike and suit I’d say yes. 

Compromise is a wonderful thing. 

And his intransigence has cost him how much £ so far ?

44 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

And his intransigence has cost him how much £ so far ?

A few grand  

My take was I’ve had knobhead bosses before now and the best way to deal with them is to take there money until something else comes along. You tend not to put too much into it and this has proven to be the case. 

Values and morals look good in a tv drama or film but in the real world it will end up costing you. 

Edited by ouch

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

Weather looks rubbish for Saturday

What happens if it's called off.  Reserve day ? 

13 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Is this Saturday meet on BT?

Yes 5:30 pm BT 3 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mark said:

What happens if it's called off.  Reserve day ? 

Sunday I presume

51 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Sunday I presume

Yes Sunday - no time stated - 2 Brits in charge, they will get it on !!!! Christina Turnbull is ref and Mick Bates jury president. If it is Sunday the Poles will be livid !!

32 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Yes Sunday - no time stated - 2 Brits in charge, they will get it on !!!! Christina Turnbull is ref and Mick Bates jury president. If it is Sunday the Poles will be livid !!

Every right to be livid if long planned matches are called off at short notice. I'm also thinking of the fans. 

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

Every right to be livid if long planned matches are called off at short notice. I'm also thinking of the fans. 

Not really - they know the FIM Saturday dates and the possibility of rain- offs yet still schedule a number of there rounds on these dates whereas they leave other Sunday’s blank- like Easter Sunday !!

• Like 3