British Speedway Forum

After the disappointments of last year the 10th Ben Fund Bonanza is scheduled for Leicester on 17th March 2019 start time 2pm. Leicester thus becomes the first track to stage the Bonanza twice.

Really think there should be 2 this season, to make up for last year. They provide such a valuable service to those easily forgotten.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Really think there should be 2 this season, to make up for last year. They provide such a valuable service to those easily forgotten.

Good idea...open and close the season.

Does anybody else out there find it a bit odd that no names have been announced yet for the Bonanza - we all know Ben will support his namesake, but who else?!

On 2/1/2019 at 11:49 AM, hawks 1975 said:

Does anybody else out there find it a bit odd that no names have been announced yet for the Bonanza - we all know Ben will support his namesake, but who else?!

No. Plenty of time.

Doesn't seem a lot of interest -- anybody out there attending? I am and hope to see some speedway friends. Will you be there Gemini? 

Sorry no. :( I know it's all for a good cause but I've never been interested in individual racing and the way my knees are at the moment I'm saving my efforts for a league match to see if I can manage the trek from the shopping centre car park. 

39 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Sorry no. :( I know it's all for a good cause but I've never been interested in individual racing and the way my knees are at the moment I'm saving my efforts for a league match to see if I can manage the trek from the shopping centre car park. 

Can't you use the free 'Buggy' taxi from the car park?

The car park only holds about 230 cars  and is always full unless you get there really early. I did use my scooter for the last few matches but unfortunately it has gone wrong and the new one doesn't fit in the car. I know I can use the buggy and I have done, as long as the driver is dog friendly. :D I am not giving up without trying anyway as this is my 70th Speedway season. 

• Like 5

Can’t you get there with your scooter? Take a few pics of the rats around Leicester !!! You’ve got all day as a pensioner:D

And That is a brilliant record.They should let you in free all season

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 1