British Speedway Forum

Looks a quality line up, looking forward to this... Be nice if a Scorpion won it, but happy to support such a fantastic cause

• Like 1

Can anyone please advise if there is anywhere to park close by as i'm sure the Speedway Car Park will fill up very quickly & I have been advised that the Shopping Centre 4 hour limit will not be extended on Sunday.

Can't think of anywhere close by or I'd have been parking there last season. :D  4 hours limit in the shopping centre one will be enough time though won't it? :unsure:

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 10:39 AM, rodenski said:

Can anyone please advise if there is anywhere to park close by as i'm sure the Speedway Car Park will fill up very quickly & I have been advised that the Shopping Centre 4 hour limit will not be extended on Sunday.

There are no restrictions in the industrial area opposite the police station.

I'm thinking about going, but with rain forecast on saturday and showers on sunday, I'm not sure now. The season starts far too early in my eyes.

Im gong to this - weather forecast looks ok for the Sunday with light showers on the Sat - anybody closer to Leicester than me :) ( Preston ) if you could provide any updates then great , I plan to get there for 11.30 so hope to be on the car park but if not I'll find somewhere .....

Chris 

I hope this goes ahead OK after all the recent rain and lack of warm weather to dry the ground. Probably better with it being scheduled for afternoon.

On a separate tack, I wonder if Sam Ermolenko will be having a beer with his old bosum buddy David Hemsley, now the Beaumont Park landlord, and having a good chuckle about old times??B)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Big Al said:

On a separate tack, I wonder if Sam Ermolenko will be having a beer with his old bosum buddy David Hemsley, now the Beaumont Park landlord, and having a good chuckle about old times??B)

Is David still involved with Beaumont Park? :unsure:

I sincerely hope those organising this keep the Supporters well up to date with track conditions as their is only one thing worse than a rain off and that’s a rain off 30 minutes after the event should have started with a packed house.

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Many thanks

Jedd List replaces Steve Worrall

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:00 PM, Gemini said:

The car park only holds about 230 cars  and is always full unless you get there really early. I did use my scooter for the last few matches but unfortunately it has gone wrong and the new one doesn't fit in the car. I know I can use the buggy and I have done, as long as the driver is dog friendly. :D I am not giving up without trying anyway as this is my 70th Speedway season. 

Hi there Janet. 1949 was also my first time watching speedway. I went with my dad to Blackbird Road so it's 70 seasons for me as well.

• Like 2

Well done to you also. Of course a good many of my 70 years were supporting the Bees along the M69 after Leicester closed in 1983. Took me a few years to get used to it  and be converted to a 100% Coventry fan as originally I always supported the visiting team, whoever that was. Makes me cringe now to think I would even have been wanting Poole to beat Coventry. :D

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, cityrebel said:

I'm thinking about going, but with rain forecast on saturday and showers on sunday, I'm not sure now. The season starts far too early in my eyes.

Forecast looks fine for Sunday.

Come along and give Ricky Ashworth a cheer.

• Like 1