British Speedway Forum

Anybody know what happens if we get a rain off, will it be re-staged at the Leicester track or moved somewhere else as last year, what with the rubbish weather we are getting at the moment its a tad worrying.

1 hour ago, P T Preece said:

Anybody know what happens if we get a rain off, will it be re-staged at the Leicester track or moved somewhere else as last year, what with the rubbish weather we are getting at the moment its a tad worrying.

That's my worry. If it rains all day saturday, will the track recover in time. If i lived local i would definitely take a chance.

20 hours ago, Gemini said:

Is David still involved with Beaumont Park? :unsure:

can't be certain but I'm presuming his company still owns the lease on the area that includes the stadium. I doubt if the City Council would be all that keen to take it back into their control, far better to have some mug controlling it I'd imagine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

That's my worry. If it rains all day saturday, will the track recover in time. If i lived local i would definitely take a chance.

Was in Derbyshire today but was quite warm and very windy - if it was also in Leicester that would have been just what the doctor ordered. Hope it stays dry tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Was in Derbyshire today but was quite warm and very windy - if it was also in Leicester that would have been just what the doctor ordered. Hope it stays dry tomorrow.

Yes, very windy in Leicester today, which should have dried the track out nicely. Lions p&p this evening, presumably that went ahead as planned, as nothing on website to say it had been cancelled. Saturday's forecast doesn't look good, rain all day,BBC  forecast says stopping about midnight, but Sunday does look dry, so fingers cross if this strong wind persists it should dry out in time for 2pm.

We are still looking for a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

On 3/14/2019 at 11:35 AM, Skodaman said:

There are no restrictions in the industrial area opposite the police station.

Is the police station easy to spot,I've been a few times so can picture the shops on the way in . Thanks

Who are the currently based U.K. riders (draw cards) who are sitting out this meeting that could have quite easily have ridden?

This meeting is not by invite only, the riders need to let the organisers know that they are available. Any "Star" name that has not done so should hold their heads in shame!

The BEN fund does a great job assisting former riders, some will be @ Leicester in their wheelchairs, it also assist current riders sitting out injuries. It can only do so if WE ALL support it......

P.S. & yes I do my own bit. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bruno said:

Is the police station easy to spot,I've been a few times so can picture the shops on the way in . Thanks

If you come off the A46 at Anstey/ Beaumont Leys exit, turn  towards Beaumont Leys, there is a small stretch of dual carriage way (about half a mile), which then merges to 1 lane for about 200 yards until you get to an island , turn left here into Bennion Road. The shopping centre will then be to your right, the industrial estate is on the left (BOSTON ROAD) , turn into Boston Road , this goes round in a half circle eventually coming back onto Bennion Rd (at the Police Station). You should be able to park anywhere around Boston Road.

Edited by stevethelion
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, cityrebel said:

There has been no rain today but it's pretty arctic weather out there with high winds. 

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Who are the currently based U.K. riders (draw cards) who are sitting out this meeting that could have quite easily have ridden?

This meeting is not by invite only, the riders need to let the organisers know that they are available. Any "Star" name that has not done so should hold their heads in shame!

The BEN fund does a great job assisting former riders, some will be @ Leicester in their wheelchairs, it also assist current riders sitting out injuries. It can only do so if WE ALL support it......

P.S. & yes I do my own bit. 

Well said, we all know who they are! Good luck to everyone for tomorrow especially "Ben Ten" Barker who's commitment to BRBF is unmatched by any other rider. 

hope everyone has a great day out and it raises loads of cash for these daredevils :mad: of shale .  

Edited by jenga