British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, neb said:

woffy was making plenty of effort yesterday to promote, encourage British speedway just not at Leicester maybe you should be asking where lambert was and not tai because tai was doing his bit.

Robert entertains us all season, Tai could've ridden in the meeting... unless he was racing in Poland...

19 hours ago, Trees said:

Because he's a Brit and maybe he could just make the effort over here for his fans, race instead of talk ... 

Woffy walks the talk tho. He is always promoting British speedway. More than the BSPA do as well.

Why on earth would he ride in a line up based at Championship level?

No Lambert (testing in Poland more important], Cook who should have been there also using your logic.

15 hours ago, Trees said:

Robert entertains us all season, Tai could've ridden in the meeting... unless he was racing in Poland...

More important to test in Poland, thanks for not bothering as well Robert.

Same old people

Same old Tai bashing from the same old people......why would Tai risk this meeting against largely inferior opposition and possibly get injured?

Tai promotes British Speedway more than any other British rider.

Where was Worrall, Cook, Ellis, Lambert, Howarth , Lawson and Harris........anybody want to have a moan about that.........

Tai bashers on here just need to get a life

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Woffy walks the talk tho. He is always promoting British speedway. More than the BSPA do as well.

Why on earth would he ride in a line up based at Championship level?

No Lambert (testing in Poland more important], Cook who should have been there also using your logic.

More important to test in Poland, thanks for not bothering as well Robert.

The BEN FUND meeting is all about raising money for the BEN FUND, I guess the riders race for next to nothing, they use it as a meeting to blow the cobwebs away/have a bit of early season fun/catch up.  It would've been an ideal meeting for Tai to ride in imo .........

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Trees said:

The BEN FUND meeting is all about raising money for the BEN FUND, I guess the riders race for next to nothing, they use it as a meeting to blow the cobwebs away/have a bit of early season fun/catch up.  It would've been an ideal meeting for Tai to ride in imo .........

The riders who ride do so for little money. Think back to the first one which had a class field and the last few years has been British based riders from the lower divisions mostly.

There is a reason Tai and the top boys don’t ride in it anymore, it is no challenge or test for them. Using your rationale the same applies to Cook and Lambert who you seem to excuse. Those boys ride here and Tai doesn’t. No excuse for them but plenty for Tai who has no base or bikes here. 

9 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The riders who ride do so for little money. Think back to the first one which had a class field and the last few years has been British based riders from the lower divisions mostly.

There is a reason Tai and the top boys don’t ride in it anymore, it is no challenge or test for them. Using your rationale the same applies to Cook and Lambert who you seem to excuse. Those boys ride here and Tai doesn’t. No excuse for them but plenty for Tai who has no base or bikes here. 

But he's BRITISH World Champion who nobody gets to see race/ride here, of course this meeting isn't done for much money and of course it's no challenge or test for him, I nev3r said it was, in fact I have said the opposite ...... anyway I won't say anything else on the matter, we'll never agree about Tai.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 8:15 AM, stevebrum said:

I think he is sarcastically trying to poke fun at the greatest ever British rider in Woffy. 

Tho why anyone would expect a rider who doesn’t race here  anymore to race is pretty odd. 

I am being sarcastic but even though he is " the greatest"  if he was injured over in sweden or poland am sure the "british " fund would be their to help!

Lets cut the cr** none of the "big boys" were their because its a freeby and they cant expect there normal big fees , greatest respect to all the riders who turned up to entertain and to raise funds the rest hope u get round the stadiums with your helmets on collection night .

• Like 2

21 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

It's to slow down green light go starts so I was told.

22 hours ago, Gemini said:

What's  the reason for this new starting procedure? Can't think why it should be changed as it's been the same for years and has worked well, although  no doubt it's yet another stupid health and safety rule. 

Can't imagine that the HSE have been consulted about this, infact IMO I think it puts the starting Marshalls at risk! Standing at the tapes, the green light comes on, the riders increase the revs, and one of them flips the bike, we've all seen it happen. And if it does and the SM is still beside the bike that flips, well - call for the paramedics! 

• Like 2

I feel that if a rider is involved in British league speedway, he should offer to ride in the Bonanza.  If, heaven forbid, he is injured in Britain and he's constantly bodyswerved this meeting, how could he have the nerve to ask for their help?  As for riders who have been helped financially in the past, yet pulled out on Sunday, well..... 

Edited by crescent girl
better grammar!
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Gavan said:

Same old people

Same old Tai bashing from the same old people......why would Tai risk this meeting against largely inferior opposition and possibly get injured?

Where was Worrall, Cook, Ellis, Lambert, Howarth , Lawson and Harris........anybody want to have a moan about that.........

Agree, but Lambert is NOT going to risk it either!!

20 hours ago, Gavan said:

Same old people

More importantly what happened to Lawson, lovely interview on the GP site saying how important this meeting was and then he didn’t show, I didn’t hear any explanation as to why he wasn’t riding.

14 hours ago, sommelier said:

Agree, but Lambert is NOT going to risk it either!!

And why should he...........................all i was pointing out was that certain forum members just love to have a pop at Tai when plenty more top line Brits chose not to rode either

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

More importantly what happened to Lawson, lovely interview on the GP site saying how important this meeting was and then he didn’t show, I didn’t hear any explanation as to why he wasn’t riding.

As an Ipswich fan ive no idea and also it didnt look good not turning up

• Like 1

I don't think this forum needs to name "names" but just look @ the facts, this meeting is now the lifeblood of the SRBF anyone who can should support it from fans, promoters & riders should do so.

If you saw the wheelchair bound riders along with Ricky Ashworth on Sunday you would see what the event means to them. This event is about looking after our own, a concerted effort should be made to make next years event a bigger success than this years...........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

I don't think this forum needs to name "names" but just look @ the facts, this meeting is now the lifeblood of the SRBF anyone who can should support it from fans, promoters & riders should do so.

If you saw the wheelchair bound riders along with Ricky Ashworth on Sunday you would see what the event means to them. This event is about looking after our own, a concerted effort should be made to make next years event a bigger success than this years...........

Not exclusively.  There is a collection at every track towards the end of the season (usually August) and throughout the year, you can donate to the Fund at any time, either using the donate button on the SRBF Ben Fund website, or by sending them a cheque (for those who still use them!).