British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I don't think this forum needs to name "names" but just look @ the facts, this meeting is now the lifeblood of the SRBF anyone who can should support it from fans, promoters & riders should do so.

If you saw the wheelchair bound riders along with Ricky Ashworth on Sunday you would see what the event means to them. This event is about looking after our own, a concerted effort should be made to make next years event a bigger success than this years...........

To be fair rider wise it isn’t so important but obviously it good if a few big names are in it, what it really needs is paying Supporters to arrive in numbers, on this occasion although the attendance was reasonable it wasn’t huge.

but to be fair I don’t think Leicester is the sort of place that can do big numbers, the car park was rammed full by the time we arrived at 1130 and it just doesn’t have the large grandstands or big terrracing.

Someone mentioned earlier having lost both attempts to stage it last year why not run two this year, I thought that idea had a lot of merit.

44 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

To be fair rider wise it isn’t so important but obviously it good if a few big names are in it, what it really needs is paying Supporters to arrive in numbers, on this occasion although the attendance was reasonable it wasn’t huge.

but to be fair I don’t think Leicester is the sort of place that can do big numbers, the car park was rammed full by the time we arrived at 1130 and it just doesn’t have the large grandstands or big terrracing.

Someone mentioned earlier having lost both attempts to stage it last year why not run two this year, I thought that idea had a lot of merit.

Going back to the attendance at the BEN meeting.   The photo posted on twitter/Facebook showed a long queue that I would estimate at about 100 yards.  And all these people being served by what I can only describe as a 'hole in the wall' box office.  Is this really the only way to get into the stadium or are there other ways? 

The problem is, a lot of people are keeping their money tightly in their pockets, me included. It's going to be hard work promoting speedway this season in these times of austerity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lastword said:

Going back to the attendance at the BEN meeting.   The photo posted on twitter/Facebook showed a long queue that I would estimate at about 100 yards.  And all these people being served by what I can only describe as a 'hole in the wall' box office.  Is this really the only way to get into the stadium or are there other ways? 

To be fair the queue moved reasonably quickly, just the odd one that paid by card slowed it up, their were two serving hatches and you just showed your tickets to stewards at the gate.

Thats only the second time I have ever been to Leicester and nothing really has changed since the opening year.

The racing is still pretty much follow the leader after the first bend.

I thought it looked a very healthy crowd considering the weather was poor from 11am until 1pm.  

Great to see 18 riders on show having a real go,  heroes every single one of them, was also very touching watching them help the injured riders in wheelchairs out onto the track for parade. We have our knockers about our sport but the speedway family is one of a kind.

I thought it looked a very healthy crowd considering the weather was poor from 11am until 1pm.  

Great to see 18 riders on show having a real go,  heroes every single one of them, was also very touching watching them help the injured riders in wheelchairs out onto the track for parade. We have our knockers about our sport but the speedway family is one of a kind.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:14 PM, Trees said:

But he's BRITISH World Champion who nobody gets to see race/ride here, of course this meeting isn't done for much money and of course it's no challenge or test for him, I nev3r said it was, in fact I have said the opposite ...... anyway I won't say anything else on the matter, we'll never agree about Tai.

I agree as BRITISH world champion it would be great to see him there, even if it was just as making an appearance and not ride.

Truth is he has much more important things to do, ditto Lambert, ditto Cook and all of the top boys who have swerved it for years.

One has to also question, was he even asked?:unsure:

On 3/19/2019 at 2:42 PM, geoff100 said:

I am being sarcastic but even though he is " the greatest"  if he was injured over in sweden or poland am sure the "british " fund would be their to help!

As a British rider are you suggesting he shouldn’t be able to access it despite spending several seasons here in the leagues?

Hello there. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the winning times of all the heats as I never wrote them down as I was filming the event. And their not anywhere when I looked for them online.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

As a British rider are you suggesting he shouldn’t be able to access it despite spending several seasons here in the leagues?

Wasn't aimed at me but my answer would be just that. It doesn't matter how many seasons he has ridden here in the past if he's not injured riding in our leagues then he shouldn't qualify for any support......and that goes for any rider not just picking on Tai. 

• Like 4

I believe that only those riding in Britain or are permanently disabled from speedway are qualified to claim.This would mean that Tai would not qualify.

JM

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StephenMayes said:

Hello there. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the winning times of all the heats as I never wrote them down as I was filming the event. And their not anywhere when I looked for them online.

They will be in this weeks speedway star.

While I agree the SRBF should concentrate on assisting riders injured while racing in the British leagues, we should not single Tai out for not racing in recent Bonanzas.       He did ride in the earlier events while racing in our leagues, and can hold his head up a lot higher than those who haven't -- even if they have requested help from the Fund when sidelined.

18 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I agree as BRITISH world champion it would be great to see him there, even if it was just as making an appearance and not ride.

Truth is he has much more important things to do, ditto Lambert, ditto Cook and all of the top boys who have swerved it for years.

One has to also question, was he even asked?:unsure:

The top boys shouldnt have to be asked they should be chumping at the bit to do it, perhaps if a rider hasnt rode in britian for a number of years they perhaps should not expect too much help !

7 hours ago, geoff100 said:

The top boys shouldnt have to be asked they should be chumping at the bit to do it, perhaps if a rider hasnt rode in britian for a number of years they perhaps should not expect too much help !

I agree they should be, but then I’d like the top boys all riding here too in our top league. Neither will be happening anytime soon!

Would it not be possible to hold two of these meetings a year? Maybe one down south and one up north! You could split the riders so both fields were pretty equal and twice as much money would be raised for such a worthwhile cause.

• Like 2