British Speedway Forum

On 3/21/2019 at 4:39 PM, geoff100 said:

The top boys shouldnt have to be asked they should be chumping at the bit to do it, perhaps if a rider hasnt rode in britian for a number of years they perhaps should not expect too much help !

Hes already said he would never take out of it.. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 1:33 PM, phillipsr said:

Hes already said he would never take out of it.. 

To ride in the BEN meeting is not an insurance premium payment, it's a mechanism where riders can participate to help boost the funds of the SRBF. The better the rider the more fans they should attract therefore more revenue on the day. I think we all would like to help people less fortunate than ourselves. The fund is there to help all riders current & former. It's time to move on & look forward to a bigger & better BEN Bonanza in 2020............   

On 3/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, Happy Hunter said:

Any guesses as to how many fans were there?

Tickets were numbered and mine was 840-odd, so given that plenty came in behind me surely a four-figure attendance.

15 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

Tickets were numbered and mine was 840-odd, so given that plenty came in behind me surely a four-figure attendance.

Nearer 2K.      Good turnout of fans for a good cause.  Racing got pretty good towards the end, too. 

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

Our tickets were 892 and 893 and we came in just before the racing started, however the tickets in the other booth might have been numbered 1000 onwards.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:33 PM, crescent girl said:

Nearer 2K.       

OK, if that's correct then even better!

does anyone know if a dvd of this meeting is available . i've been looking and can't find anything .

On 5/23/2019 at 11:57 PM, gee jay said:

does anyone know if a dvd of this meeting is available . i've been looking and can't find anything .

try Steve at Re-Run

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

try Steve at Re-Run

ok thanks for the reply.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:57 PM, gee jay said:

It's my understanding that the Ben Fund meeting organisers declined the invitation to have the meeting filmed.

Edited by ballinger

15 hours ago, ballinger said:

It's my understanding that the Ben Fund meeting organisers declined the invitation to have the meeting filmed.

thanks ballinger , that would explain why there's no sign of it. don't understand the reason as every other one has been filmed .