British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Speedway GP Qualifiers.

Cook hopefully has good chance in Glasgow even against such a strong field. Dont know his record but doesn't strike as a Lambert type track.

Harris must consider himself to have a good chance in France, 

The other lads have lines ups on British tracks you would fancy thier chances of at least being in the mix, but overseas may find this a level to high atm.

5 hours ago, Mark said:

How does the Glasgow track ride.    Good quality racing with some over taking ?

Yip,should be a cracker of a meeting, whether Cook can miss the gate and pick off quality riders remains to be seen, certainly makes Championship riders look 2 nd rate:rolleyes:.Seems silly to have Lambert and Cook in same meeting when only top 4 makes it through.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Dont know his record but doesn't strike as a Lambert type track.

Don't think I've ever seen anyone go into a bend quicker at Glasgow than Robert Lambert at one particular meeting. Can't remember his overall performance though.....that overtaking move just sticks in my head. 

• Like 1

Chris Holder was good in the international there last season, I'd put a couple of quid on him to qualify.

15 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Cook hopefully has good chance in Glasgow even against such a strong field. Dont know his record but doesn't strike as a Lambert type track.

Harris must consider himself to have a good chance in France, 

The other lads have lines ups on British tracks you would fancy thier chances of at least being in the mix, but overseas may find this a level to high atm.

Lambert will suit Lambert. IMO 

So who can give us the heads-up on the unfamiliar names?

Glenn Moi?   Austin Novratil?    Out of their depth?

Plus Sebastian Niedzwiedz, who I probably should know more about, but don't?

1 minute ago, Uluru said:

So who can give us the heads-up on the unfamiliar names?

Glenn Moi?   Austin Novratil?    Out of their depth?

Plus Sebastian Niedzwiedz, who I probably should know more about, but don't?

Austin Novratil was part of the USA team at the Belle Vue round. Sebastian Niedzwiedz is a Zielona Gora junior who has appeared quite a bit in their Extraleague teams over the last few seasons. Glenn Moi is a Norwegian youngster.

Novratil whilst not world class, he still impressed me at the SON as I expected a complete wobbler. Niedzwiedz has a bright future and could be a spoiler this year but probably wont be in the reckoning overal

22 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Austin Novratil was part of the USA team at the Belle Vue round. Sebastian Niedzwiedz is a Zielona Gora junior who has appeared quite a bit in their Extraleague teams over the last few seasons. Glenn Moi is a Norwegian youngster.

14 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Novratil whilst not world class, he still impressed me at the SON as I expected a complete wobbler. Niedzwiedz has a bright future and could be a spoiler this year but probably wont be in the reckoning overal

Thanks.   Will be following this one eagerly.

Saw Moi some years ago on 80cc and he was quite exciting, but hasn’t done a lot on 500cc. Fredricksen is the younger(I think) and better Norwegian rider

Sounds as though Hans Andersen might be MIA.     Although the Danes have a few handy lads to stick in -- maybe Rasmus Jensen?

Any news from Denmark on who will join NKI as their representatives at Glasgow?

Harris is certain to get through from France, that's why Rosco has put him there. Cook and Lambert will also make it. 

9 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Harris is certain to get through from France, that's why Rosco has put him there. Cook and Lambert will also make it. 

While France is definitely the easier round not convinced that Harris will be in top 4.You would think   Cook or Lambert should have been split up.

• Like 1

Hopefully the weather forecast  will change for Saturday night at Glasgow , at the moment it is not looking good