British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Speedway GP Qualifiers.

6 minutes ago, andout said:

Smoli,  Lokoksiev and Bjerre it is then....

I know i missed it when Bombay became Mumbai and I missed the changeover from Rumania to Romania, so when did Loktajev become Lokoksiev?:blink:

• Like 1

Glad to see Loka through as a fresh face to mix it up could be interesting. Likewise disappointing Milik didn't make the grade however all 3 qualifiers are going to have to bust a gut to make the actual GP's

Lahti 4th at Abensberg and misses out. Should be 4th reserve now on the sub list. Bugger!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I know i missed it when Bombay became Mumbai and I missed the changeover from Rumania to Romania, so when did Loktajev become Lokoksiev?:blink:

When Google Translate started changing his name when going from Polish to English :rofl:

He's definitely still Loktaev (or Loktajev or Loktajew, however you want to do the cyrillic conversion)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Copied from Col's post....I knew I couldn't spell it!

• Like 1

Was just wondering if he done a Jesper B. Jensen (Monberg) and changed his name while I wasn't looking.Particularly as I was looking at sportowefakty and his name was spelt normally..

Edited by iris123

Polish to English automatic browser translation. Some are interesting.

Speedway is sometimes Slag, Torun is sometimes Track & Ulamek is also different, I forget what.

5 minutes ago, Col said:

Polish to English automatic browser translation. Some are interesting.

Speedway is sometimes Slag, Torun is sometimes Track & Ulamek is also different, I forget what.

Seb Fraction

• Like 1

17 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Lahti 4th at Abensberg and misses out. Should be 4th reserve now on the sub list. Bugger!

i'd say he has a fair argument to be first reserve for the final

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Isn`t he Swedish ? :) 

He’s only swedish when he rides in Sweden! :lol:

20 hours ago, Col said:

Could have been worse, he could have been drawn at Glasgow.  The quality of that field was in my opinion far higher than the others.

I don't think that Timo Lahti would have been out of place at Glasgow and would have finished close to qualifying; after all it was generally considered that Pontus Aspgren was a surprise qualifier ahead of the likes of Chris Holder.

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

He’s only swedish when he rides in Sweden! :lol:

Taking over where Kylmakorpi left off.....

5 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

I don't think that Timo Lahti would have been out of place at Glasgow and would have finished close to qualifying; after all it was generally considered that Pontus Aspgren was a surprise qualifier ahead of the likes of Chris Holder.

Holder didn’t look comfortable on track.

• Like 1