British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Speedway GP Qualifiers.

Hoping to try something different and get train down to the SGP qualifier at Lamothe Landeron, France.

Are the dates and venues set in stone, as train is already very expensive, and doesn't appear to be masses of local accommodation.

Also how early do the federations submit their entrys for these events. I will be less keen if the sole Brit out there is not gonna be competitive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Hoping to try something different and get train down to the SGP qualifier at Lamothe Landeron, France.

Are the dates and venues set in stone, as train is already very expensive, and doesn't appear to be masses of local accommodation.

Also how early do the federations submit their entrys for these events. I will be less keen if the sole Brit out there is not gonna be competitive.

Yes dates are kept to- and you won`t know the lineups probably until the week of the meeting- Sweden, Germany normally nominate early and of course Finland ;) but it is quite a struggle getting the field.

5 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Yes they are set in stone. But like SGP’s they too can get postponed or moved. From memory the deadline to name riders is a month before but naturally there can be a change until practise starts and signing on has finished.

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Yes dates are kept to- and you won`t know the lineups probably until the week of the meeting- Sweden, Germany normally nominate early and of course Finland ;) but it is quite a struggle getting the field.

The Finnish rider to ride in the meeting in question knows he’s doing it like all the others doing it for SML allocations do too. So you are correct. Not my place to name them yet though...

4 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

The Finnish rider to ride in the meeting in question knows he’s doing it like all the others doing it for SML allocations do too. So you are correct. Not my place to name them yet though...

Countries like Poland, Denmark and GB(sometimes) have qualifiers from which the riders are named and allocated,which are sometimes held quite close to the rounds starting.

Edited by racers and royals

It's nice to visit somewhere new without a 24 hr coach trip, being a non flier can be quite restrictive at times.

Full GP qualifying calendar

08th June ACU Qualifying Round 1 Glasgow Great Britain 08th June SMF Qualifying Round 2 Zarnovica Slovakia 08th June FFM Qualifying Round 3 Lamothe L. France 10th June DMSB Qualifying Round 4 Abensberg Germany 24th August HMS Challenge Gorican Croatia

Germany named their riders for most of not all comps a few days back.Surprised they haven’t been posted.Erik Riss is down for Glasgow

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Germany named their riders for most of not all comps a few days back.Surprised they haven’t been posted.Erik Riss is down for Glasgow

Maybe someone who lives in Germany could have posted them(and i don’t mean Bavarian !!!)

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Maybe someone who lives in Germany could have posted them(and i don’t mean Bavarian !!!)

I could have,but I was sitting on a ban and I thought it might take a day or more for the post to get moderated and someone else would have posted them in the meantime,making my post irrelevant........and nobody did!!! All I can remember is Kevin Wölbert didn't want to be considered.Only for the Euro's and he got his spot in that

I actually started to write it all out,and then scrapped it because of the reason above

Edited by iris123

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I could have,but I was sitting on a ban and I thought it might take a day or more for the post to get moderated and someone else would have posted them in the meantime,making my post irrelevant........and nobody did!!! All I can remember is Kevin Wölbert didn't want to be considered.Only for the Euro's and he got his spot in that

I actually started to write it all out,and then scrapped it because of the reason above

I’ve tried to get banned a few times, got really drunk and just let the flow come and posted but it has never materialised! What U do???

4 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

I’ve tried to get banned a few times, got really drunk and just let the flow come and posted but it has never materialised! What U do???

Apparently just saying someone is 'posting bull rubbish' is enough !!! Maybe it is the particular person,who we shouldn't attack their posts.And I did point out,i was attacking the post(s) rather than the person.Didn't make any difference.I also wrote 'bull rubbish' rather than the ruder version as I knew it would get changed anyway.So all a bit of a mystery to me

Edited by iris123

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Apparently just saying someone is 'posting bull rubbish' is enough !!! Maybe it is the particular person,who we shouldn't attack their posts.And I did point out,i was attacking the post(s) rather than the person.Didn't make any difference.I also wrote 'bull rubbish' rather than the ruder version as I knew it would get changed anyway.So all a bit of a mystery to me

I’ve called him names as well, to no result... :lol: