British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Thank you to the BSPA

30 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

The SS is really good value and keeps me up to speed with what's going on around the clubs and riders....and I look forward to getting my copy weekly....

MUCH appreciated...

I've been going to speedway since the late seventies, clubs have gone by the wayside over the years, as they did in the 60s too, for one reason and another, certainly hasn't all happened recently.  Clubs went under even when we had all the top riders racing here, what about that, unbelievable!

I often think about the Firs Stadium in Norwich which was sold off for housing in the mid sixties when the crowds were still big, I think there was another stadium close by called the City Stadium which staged greyhound racing, shame there wasn't the hunger to keep the sport in the city as it would still be popular I'm sure.  

On another note who has watched the film produced by the Glasgow promotion telling the world all about speedway, it's great, well done to them!

I noticed the other day that following Sky dropping our sport they are now showing that high action, gripping, dangerous and exciting  game of Netball !!!!!

No wonder they stopped showing Speedway.

Nice to see our uber dictator moving riders around the premiership, how kind of him to share his riders with other teams in the league - Oh! hang on !  He owns them doesn't he.

One thing that doesn't change is the thought provoking contributions of some on this forum - particularly in the Poole threads.

Surprisingly, I am finding it a little difficult to grow any enthusiasm for the forthcoming season

• Like 3

Great news! the BSPA have started the ball rolling how to get G.B. speedway back on it's feet:

Replace the easily recognised  Yellow & Black helmet colour with the less obvious  solid Yellow. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, SPD444 said:

I noticed the other day that following Sky dropping our sport they are now showing that high action, gripping, dangerous and exciting  game of Netball !!!!!

No wonder they stopped showing Speedway.

Nice to see our uber dictator moving riders around the premiership, how kind of him to share his riders with other teams in the league - Oh! hang on !  He owns them doesn't he.

One thing that doesn't change is the thought provoking contributions of some on this forum - particularly in the Poole threads.

Surprisingly, I am finding it a little difficult to grow any enthusiasm for the forthcoming season

Ignoring the fact that SKY quit the Speedway coverage as a cost reduction exercise, and chose several low cost filming sports such as Netball. Not a laughing situation, but purely an internal SKY policy decision based on paying massive payments they were committed to pay having overstated their bid to film and present Premier Football.

13 hours ago, CountyGround said:

Great news! the BSPA have started the ball rolling how to get G.B. speedway back on it's feet:

Replace the easily recognised  Yellow & Black helmet colour with the less obvious  solid Yellow. 

Yes just like they have in Poland and Sweden.

I'm sure that using UK version last year in an FIM QR abroad, cost Dan Bewley a race win?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I'm sure that using UK version last year in an FIM QR abroad, cost Dan Bewley a race win?

Obviously a jobsworth of a referee (he wasn't wearing red, white or blue) should have been a warning @ the most.

But the consequence is ALL U.K. to change for 2019!!!!!!!  a definite knee jerk reaction.

9 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Obviously a jobsworth of a referee (he wasn't wearing red, white or blue) should have been a warning @ the most.

But the consequence is ALL U.K. to change for 2019!!!!!!!  a definite knee jerk reaction.

Jobsworth? Or a referee consistent in applying the rules?

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Surely the clerk of the course should have noticed and warned dan !

22 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Surely the clerk of the course should have noticed and warned dan !

Agreed, and/or the Start Marshall. But the referee just applied the rules. 

better than green which only lasted as long as it took for everybody to buy green ones , most riders already have plain yellow , as just like wearing  pyjamas instead of leathers , easy and cheap to produce and a quick buck for manufacturers ,

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Or may-be someone keen to stop U.K.s most promising prospect scoring 3 points?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Or may-be someone keen to stop U.K.s most promising prospect scoring 3 points?

I like a good conspiracy theory but he went to the tapes in the wrong helmet colour.

It happens, even Greg Hancock got excluded for the same thing in a best pairs meeting about 3 or 4 years ago.