British Speedway Forum
Supersub

2019 Championship Improvers

On the Premiership Forum there is a thread on 2019 PL Improvers. What are posters  thoughts on this Forum for Championship Improvers.

these  riders who improve in the championship will be the exact same riders that improve in the premiership . no need for two threads . but thats the way it goes .

Kyle Bickley

He will end up with a plus 5 average this year

Bradley Wilson Dean is another who will put a point on his average and Steve Worrall will do the same

Honestly gutted

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

With the 4 point decrease in overall points limit, shouldn't riders averages improve naturally? Because primarily of a lower standard most seasons?

Edited by Robinh88
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

With the 4 point decrease in overall points limit shouldn't riders averages improve naturally? Because primarily of a lower standard most seasons?

Nah , not really . only the 2/3 pointrs will improve as they are continually up against their fellow 2/3 pointers . top men will NOT improve as they are racing the same guys as last year , but were still beating regular 6 and 7 chaps .

50 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

With the 4 point decrease in overall points limit shouldn't riders averages improve naturally? Because primarily of a lower standard most seasons?

I wouldn't say their averages will improve naturally, I think their averages will be forced up,,, and may lead to them being less employable in the future ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

I hope the new 2 pointers grab their chance and make great strides led by Kemp Bickley and Flint

• Like 2

Not sure where Bickley is going to get a ride now Workington have closed and struggled for much of 2018.  Best of the NL guys coming up and most likely to progress imho are Kemp and Brennan and Flint. I am fearful some NL to CL are sacrificial lambs to just fill a slot.

Looking at those with some CL experience Shanes ; Mountain and Bowtell should improve average considerably.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HGould said:

Not sure where Bickley is going to get a ride now Workington have closed and struggled for much of 2018.  Best of the NL guys coming up and most likely to progress imho are Kemp and Brennan and Flint. I am fearful some NL to CL are sacrificial lambs to just fill a slot.

Looking at those with some CL experience Shanes ; Mountain and Bowtell should improve average considerably.

Glasgow will replace Chessell eventually... Kyle Bickley and Joe Lawlor would be a better reserve pair for them anyway...

• Like 1

Think many of the riders with a bit of experience will up their averages nicely like Mountain, Bacon, Bailey, Perks & Wood. Newman is more than capable but might be forced to ride a bit out of position in a poor side. 

My bigger issue is with the non improvers filling a place for yet another year, Kurtz, Covatti, Harris, Bates etc either riders on the way down lining pockets or going no further but still blocking up places for riders who might. 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2019 at 5:56 PM, ruffdiamond said:

I wouldn't say their averages will improve naturally, I think their averages will be forced up,,, and may lead to them being less employable in the future ;)

Surely the increase will all be relevant to everyone, giving common grounds. 12% across the board.

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Surely the increase will all be relevant to everyone, giving common grounds. 12% across the board.

So, given a 'level playing field',,, riders averges increase, without there being any improvement. Will riders without a team place this season, see an increase in their average before the start of next season ? 

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

So, given a 'level playing field',,, riders averges increase, without there being any improvement. Will riders without a team place this season, see an increase in their average before the start of next season ? 

Wel that's the point when changing points totals as it skews the comparison for following years. Sometimes they ignore it because the difference has been  42, 42.5 and 43, and 45 I think, and the difference has been regarded as minimal. It was similar the the FTR in the then Elite leagues when riders like Kyle Newman and Adam Ellis were riding more against fellow FTR's and all of them got inflated averages for the following season. It's to be hoped that there will be a conversion ratio to make it a level playing field for following years, when it's probably  42ish which would be reinstated to maintain the standard of the league.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Wel that's the point when changing points totals as it skews the comparison for following years. Sometimes they ignore it because the difference has been  42, 42.5 and 43, and 45 I think, and the difference has been regarded as minimal. It was similar the the FTR in the then Elite leagues when riders like Kyle Newman and Adam Ellis were riding more against fellow FTR's and all of them got inflated averages for the following season. It's to be hoped that there will be a conversion ratio to make it a level playing field for following years, when it's probably  42ish which would be reinstated to maintain the standard of the league.

Well, its good to read that someone has some sense of it.

If a rider sits out this season on, say a 6 pt ave. The points limit goes back to 42, will his 6 be of more value than a rider that achieved a 6 this season ?